Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm a Magnet

This past weekend, Mr. Hunt and I drove down to Bluffton to be with my family for the weekend. It was also Davis' 13th birthday. He is finally a teen.
On Sunday, Mr. Hunt dropped Davis off at his play rehearsal while I took a shower and waiting for my parents and grandparents to come over. After they arrived, Mr. Hunt and I left to go back and pick Davis up. Before we picked him up, Mr. Hunt wanted a Gatorade so we stopped at the gas station.
While he was inside getting his drink, I pulled around in the parking lot of the gas station so that someone could still pump their gas, and I wouldn't be in the way. All of the sudden, I look over and this white SUV is backing up very slowly my way. She was getting awfully close, but I thought for sure there was no way she didn't see me. Once I realized that she definitely didn't see me, I went to go honk the horn to warn her, but it was too late. CRUNCH! She backed into the driver's side door, right where I was sitting.
Right when she pulled forward, Mr. Hunt came strolling out to see what was going on. The girl got out of the car and apologized for denting my car. To top it off, there were no dents what so ever on her car.
The car I had before my Ford was a Nissan Altima. That was my first car. I had all kinds of dents in it by the time I traded it in. Only one dent was from me. 1 out of 7 or 8. I swear I am a magnet for other cars to hit me. Thankfully (and knock on wood), I haven't got into a severe wreck, but all of the hits were hard enough to make dents.
When I got the Ford Explorer, I told myself I wasn't going to get ANY dents. Obviously I couldn't help that this girl hit me, but GEEZ, I just got this car a few months ago.
Hopefully I can get it fixed without too much of a hassle and then my car will be good as new again....not including the doggie smell that wont go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting