Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I want to time travel

I just finished reading a book called The Time Travelers Wife. It was a great book. I normally never read, not because I don't want to, but because I simply don't have time. I started reading this book in September and just got finished. I have the same problem with reading as I do watching movies, I cant stay awake. Even if its a great book. So even when I do find time to read, I end up only reading a chapter or two before my eyes get tired and I have to take a nap. I also cant read when there is noise. I find that I just read a whole page and don't even know what I read. It has to be completely silent for me to read.
Since I loved the book so much, I would make time to take a bath every night and read while doing it. This way I could shut the door and it would be quiet, but I also would be able to stay awake because you cant fall asleep in the bathtub.
Anyway, the book was like the title. A man time travels and he goes back and forth in time and sees his wife often as a young child. He cant control the time traveling though, and he doesn't like it. I wont spoil the book though, you need to read it if you haven't yet.
The movie came out on DVD yesterday so I told Chris I wanted to watch it tonight. I'm curious to see if the movie and book are alike or not.
I wish I could time travel, except not like him. I want to be able to go in time where i want. Mainly to tell my own self things. But maybe not because that's living life, not knowing what is going to happen and learning from mistakes. Time traveling will be too confusing I think, but maybe to just do it once or twice would be fun.
I want to go back to one of my dance competitions in high school. Those were the best trips. I would be with all of my best girlfriends and we would compete doing what we love, DANCE! And we always got top 10, most of the time top 5!
The other time I would want to time travel to would be when I was 10 years old, 1997. This was the year that Davis was born. I remember loving being a biog sister (I still do) and playing with Davis as a baby. Of course I loved Dylan too (he was 6 at the time), but Davis was so fascinating. We lived on a court, each house was full of at least two kids. We would all play outside everyday. Rollerblade, ride bikes, play hockey, make potions out of sand and leaves, and play lots of other games. I loved being barefoot running around outside in the warm weather and having to be home before dark. Anyways, I'm getting carried away. I just think it would be fun to go back just for a few hours.
We will watch the movie tonight, I hope I can stay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting