Friday, February 5, 2010

Watching movies my way

I have never been able to stay awake for a whole movie. I always fall asleep no matter what. It doesn't matter if the lights are on, if I'm sitting up straight, or if it is in the middle of the day. I just cant do it. Ive come to the conclusion that my eyes just get tired of being open so long watching one thing that they get tired. Most of the time I'm not even tired, my eyes just get so heavy and I have to close them.
This gets on Chris' nerves because he ends up watching movies by himself. He also ends up watching "girly" movies by himself. Sometimes he tells me that I cant pick the movie out because he doesn't want to end up watching it without me.
There are two exceptions to this. One is if I'm in a movie theater, and the other is if it is a scary movie. For some reason, if it is a scary movie I stay awake. I think it is because I'm afraid of falling asleep and waking up during a scary part or something scary waking me up.
So all in all, most of the movies I say Ive seen, I have only seen the beginning. Its pretty sad really because I do like movies.
Last week Chris wanted me to watch The Green Mile because I have never seen it. In order for me to see the whole movie, we started watching at 7pm. about 1/3 of the way through I felt my eyes starting to close. I know Chris would have been very disappointed if I fell asleep so I told him I needed a break. We paused the movie, I got up and washed my face, let the dogs out, and I was ready to watch another section. We ended up pausing two times, but I got to watch the whole movie, and it was good.
Right now we are about to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and most likely I will only see a little bit of it because I'm already tired. Too bad to because I picked this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting