Friday, February 12, 2010

Southern Snow

It is supposed to snow again here tonight. This time it will be coming from the south. I think I will like the Southern snow more than the Northern snow...if there is a difference. I just like everything that has to do with the south.
Columbia, Charleston, and even Myrtle Beach are supposed to get snow too.
Living in Hilton Head all my life, we never got snow (except for once when I was three) that stayed on the ground. Every time that snow would fall out of the sky during school, classes would stop and everyone would run outside and play in the snow. It was great. We all wished that it would stick, but it never did. We had plenty of snow days where they cancelled school, but it never snowed. We would always just go to the beach all day.
When it snowed here a few weeks ago, Mr. Hunt and I closed the blinds and stayed home that Friday night. I didn't want to see the snow accumulating. I wanted to wake up and see it all. (Ill admit that I did sneak a peek or two throughout the night) When we woke up on Saturday, the first thing I did was look outside and when I saw that I couldn't even see the street I yelled to Mr. Hunt, "WE'RE SNOWED IN!!!!" He quickly told me that we weren't, but I was for sure since I couldn't see the ground that we were. A few hours later I looked outside again to see tire tracks all through the snow. I was so sad!
I hope this southern snow brings more than last time. It was fun to play in it with the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting