Thursday, December 19, 2013

Zilker Park Tree Lighting

There have been a lot of tree lightings in town lately and we've gone to some of them. This one was the Zilker Park Tree Lighting. Zilker Park is a park in downtown Austin. 

The lighting was right around Jane's dinner time so we brought her food with us and she enjoyed eating in her stroller while people watching. Jane loves people watching y'all, its so funny!


The layout of this was so bad though. This is the tree (obviously already lit)


The stage and all of the food and drink vendors were under that tree. It was a crowded mess which is while we set up shop outside of the tree. The problem came when Mr. Hunt and I were hungry and needed to go in to get some food.

First Mr. Hunt tried while I stayed with Jane. He isn't good with crowds so he came back right away saying it was impossible. So I tried. I don't mind pushing my way through people, obviously politely still, but I will get to where I need to go. The problem came when the lighting of the tree happened while I was in the tree and NOT with my family. Ugh! I was so sad!


I didn't get to see Jane's reaction, but Mr. Hunt said it wasn't that great anyway, she was too into her food still. As soon as the lighting happened, everyone started leaving! I guess there wasn't much else to see, but we were just getting there and all set up. We let Jane run around some while we waited for most of the traffic to let up.






It was a short, but fun time out of the house.

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting