Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Weightloss

Sometime in July I had had enough of the baby weight and I decided to change up a few things in order to lose it all before Jane's first birthday!

I can't remember the exact timeline or numbers of all this since Jane was born, but I do remember that within one week of Jane being born I had lost a lot of the weight and only had 5 lbs left to lose. I was shocked and excited. But then life and being a mom got the best of me. I definitely didn't exercise or watch what I ate. I ate when I could, whatever I could and never even really stepped not the scale. I honestly really didn't care either. I just wanted to perfect the mom thing first.

When Jane was 6 months old, I decided to weight myself and I was shocked that I had gained some weight. Looking back now, I'm not sure why I was shocked, but all I an really say is maybe its because it seemed so easy to lose the weight at first that I didn't pay any attention. So, in July I was 10 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight and I made a goal to lose it all before Jane's first birthday.

Ive always heard 9 months on and 9 months off, but that wasn't the case with me. I'm not sure if it would have been if I would have paid more attention at first, but I really don't regret anything and I wouldn't change anything. I spent my time taking care of a child, the weight didn't matter.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that this weekend I finally made it to my pre-pregnancy weight and I'm so proud of myself. I don't have a gym membership or anything, I just worked hard on home workouts when Jane was napping as well as eating (somewhat) healthier. My pre-pregnancy weight is still 5 lbs more than I really want to be, so I'm still working, but I'm just so pleased with reaching my goal.

To all other moms out there who are working toward the same thing. Its hard, I know. Just do your best. I struggled some days where I was taking care of Jane the entire day, she was fussy and a handful that day, I had tons of other things to do around the house, and still wanted to do a workout. There were many days where I put it off because there were other important things. That's the thing, now that you are a mom, there is another human who depends on you. They don't care what you weight or what you look like. They need your love and attention. So, take your time. Don't beat yourself up, but stay consistent and motivated. You can do it too!

Love,
Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting