Thursday, December 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Jane!

My baby is ONE YEAR OLD TODAY! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! I learned today that a baby's one year birthday is mainly for the parents to celebrate that they made it one whole year because frankly Jane had no clue what was going on! haha!

Let me first start by saying that I have mixed emotions about this being the last time we sit in this chair for her month pictures. I originally was thinking of trying to continue doing them (with no stickers), but its just too hard on this chair. I may still do a picture or two with some updates, but who knows. Looking at when she was one month, I had a trillion pictures, then this last month, I only had about 20 or so because she won't sit still. Half of the pictures aren't good either. 

Next thing is that this girl will not keep anything on her head. When I found out that I was pregnant with a girl one of my first thoughts was how excited I was about bows! I have a million bows for Jane but she never wears them because she pulls them out right away. Any pictures with a bow nowadays, just know that I had to majorly distract her and sneak the bow in. She won't do bows, headbands, or hats!

Here she is taking it out!


This month she is really into handing us anything and everything. Every time I go wake her up for a nap or nighttime, she hands me everything in her crib. Funny and cute!



This is also the first month where I feel like I didn't do such a great job at writing everything she does down. Its been a crazy month so I'm going to try not to miss anything.



So bored with me.


Now grumpy


Now pouting...


Jane had juice for the first time this month. It was apple juice and surprisingly she wasn't a fan. She drank it, but I guess I expected her to love it. We haven't really given her much since. She still just loves water with her meals and snacks.


She took her first shower with me this month too. I usually try to take my shower while she is sleeping, but this one day I really needed a shower and she had already woke up. So I tried to jump in with her in the bathroom with me, but as soon as I got in, she was trying to get in as well. I brought her in with me and lets just say she didn't like it. I had to hurry to get clean and get out, and we haven't tried that again since.


Jane has a lovie that she sleeps with every night and she has had it since the day she was born. Mr. Hunt bought it for her. She knows who lovie is now for sure. If I ask her where her lovie is, she goes in her room and gets him. So cute!


Jane doesnt crawl anymore....AT ALL. Its all walking and almost running. I swear I haven't seen her crawl in about 3 weeks at least.


We had a really bad accident this month which led to Jane's first black eye and goose egg on her head. Our shoe cabinet fell on her. Yes, I almost died, but I think it mainly just scared her. The goose egg turned into a small bruise for a day and the black eye was gone within hours. Lets just say that Ive baby proofed a lot more since then, you can never be too careful!


Jane had her first Thanksgiving this month too! She liked the food, but not as much as I thought she would. She also fell asleep in her highchair for the first time ever too on Thanksgiving Day. It was cute and funny, but I also felt bad about how tired she was.


We did a lot of Christmas stuff this month as well. She went to her first parade and loved the music and noises. She also went with us to pick out our Christmas Tree so that was a first as well. She loves to take off all the ornaments of course, what baby doesn't?


Jane helped us cheer on the Gamecocks vs Clemson football game for the first time. Gamecocks WON of course! She also learned to yell GAME and then Mr. Hunt yells COCKS! Its the cutest thing ever. She still will do it when we yell COCKS! So proud!


Jane says four words. I have to say that when I thought about what her first words would be, I would have never guessed these. I would think ball, dada, mama, dog or something like those.

These are her words:
"Dada"
"Woof Woof", which she says for any animal and also anytime she hears a dog barking even if she can't see the dog
"Whats that" she says this as one word and she says it if she sees something cool or hears something weird.
"Shushybye" but she says "Shheeee by" is a show that Mr. Hunt put on his iPad for Jane to watch and she is obsessed.

Definitely a strange collection of words that's for sure.

In all the remaining pictures, she is says "she by"


So sad, but as most of y'all know, Jane also got her first stomach bug. It was hard because obviously she can't really tell me how she is feeling. From how she acted though it seemed like only a 24 hour thing. Plus Mr. Hunt and I both had it was well and ours was pretty much 24 hours too.

She did throw up for the first time but only threw up once. It was so pitiful and sad. I hated seeing her like that.


Jane weighs: 23lbs 11oz which is 90th percentile
She is 31.25 inches long which is 90th as well.

Still a big girl.


She wears a size 4 or 5 shoe and 18th months clothes.

Not so fun, but she has also already started to thrown tantrums. They aren't too bad, but I can't tell they will probably start getting worse. She likes to swing her arms around when she's mad which usually ends up with her hitting us. She has also grabbed Hannah and pulled her fur in a mean way.


I think that's it. She has really blossomed this month and loves books more than any other toy right now. She also likes to put things away and organize....I know where she gets that from.


The girl loves clothes and tries to put them on herself. Most of the time ending up with a pant leg on her arm or two pant legs hanging over her shoulders like a sweater or something.


Mr. Hunt and I laugh at this girl everyday she is so funny and happy!

I'm not going to lie, I teared up about 6 times between yesterday and today. My baby is growing so fast and I'm a mom to a one year old....excuse me? 

Mr. Hunt and I also reminisced about being in the hospital with her one year ago. That whole experience was such a blur, it seems so long ago but also like yesterday at the same time. 

Sweet Baby Jane,
How much longer can we call you baby? You will always be our baby. Thanks for bringing so much joy to us. You are spunky, hyper, and you low what you want. We have our hands full but we wouldn't have it any other way. 

Love you,
Mom and Dad

1 comment:

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Jane! :)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting