Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Decorations

Let me start by saying that 
#1: I know this is late. Tomorrow is New Years Eve already. But I didn't want to forget our Christmas decorations for 2013 so alas here I am
#2: I'm actually disappointed in our Christmas decorations this year. I had big plans, but then the sickness struck and I lost interest. 

Here is our tree. I like it this year...I mean who doesn't like a tree. I had plans to do some sort of color scheme or something, but ended up just using all of our family ornaments which warms my heart too. 


Here are our stockings. We have a fireplace with no mantle so I didn't really know where to put them but didn't want to leave them out, so on the wall they went.


Here is a shot of the stockings and the fireplace where I have a small wreath.



This is something I made this year. I can never figure out where I want to put all of our Christmas cards so I made this clothespin wreath for them. Then decided to spray paint a J and a Y to spell JOY. I'm happy with how it turned out!



Lastly I made this as well this year but never ended up hanging it. I just tied little strips of tulle around a string of white lights. I think its super cute and will definitely use it next year.


I also had a few nativity scenes, candles, and random decor around that I didn't take pictures of. The safest part is that we never got around to putting up Christmas lights outside. We had big plans to do so when we all got sick. Then we figured we were leaving for vacation a few days after so there was no need. 

That's it for this year. I hope to do a lot better next year. Maybe two trees?

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting