Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

On Black Friday, we didn't go shopping at all, except for a Christmas Tree! We really wanted to go to a tree farm and experience that for the first time, but we knew that we would be really busy this weekend and wanted to get the tree soon since we will be spending a lot of December in South Carolina. So we did the next best thing and went to some tree place on the side of the highway. Better than Home Depot or somewhere (as far as experience), but not as good as a tree farm. 

Immediately Jane was loving all the trees, lights, and decorations. She even tried to kiss a tall wooden nut cracker. 


I think her favorite thing was this mini tree. A perfect tree for her, and now I'm kicking myself for not getting it. If I don't stop thinking about it, I may go back and get one.


Look at this gangsta lean.


Then she was distracted by the reindeer which of course she immediately thought was a dog and started barking at it.



Then Mr. Hunt thought she was going to break it so that was the end of that. Got me thinking that maybe I should be a little more cautious of the things I let Jane do (just for the picture)....hmmmm.

I wanted to get a good picture of Jane and her Daddy, but she was really disappointed that she couldn't walk around so I had to distract her with the keys.


This is the "let me down" face.


Distraction #2, Daddy's hat.




Then we spent some time doing what we went there for, Christmas Tree shopping. We found "the one" and had the guy strap it to the top of the car for us. Jane was mesmerized by all of this but thought the shaking of the tree part was the funniest thing.


Yes, we have a gamecock people family on the back of the car...don't judge.


Mr. Hunt brought it in while Jane ate.


Then Jane couldn't get enough of it. She kept touching it and crawling under it.


By the end of the night her hair smelled like Christmas tree, and so did her breathe. I think she may have ate some. and since then, I keep seeing her pick up the little leaves that fall and put them in her mouth. Of course I take it out before she swallows it, but I need to check the Internet if that's OK. **So I just looked it up and its really not good for babies to eat Christmas trees mainly because the needles can puncture their digestive tracts....so I'm going to be watching her like a hawk now. And yes, I know about poinsettias and mistletoe, those are really poisonous**


This is the perfect picture. I caught it in time right when she was saying "whoooaaaa"


The decorating comes in a few days. Its one of our 25 days of Christmas activities.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting