Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Going To See Santa

This was the first year Jane went to visit Santa, and I'm happy to say that Ive learned my lesson on a few things. 

One is NOT to go when we did. We went right after her nap on a Sunday which apparently everyone else goes after nap too (why wouldn't they). Also, I learned that I can't be the one to give her to Santa, either Mr. Hunt needs to or I need to let her walk up to him.

We got there and the line looked super long, but I figured it would go quickly. But it didn't. We stood in line for exactly an hour before it was our turn. Now, Jane didn't stand in line though. She was in the stroller for the first 10 minutes and I tried to distract her with snacks, but as soon as the snacks were finished, she wanted out. Either Mr. Hunt or I would stand in line while the other one chased Jane around the mall. She didn't want to be held, she wanted to walk around on her own. She also wanted nothing to do with holding my hand. I'm so glad that Mr. Hunt stuck around, these kind of things with long lines are not for him. But he was very helpful and I'm glad. 

Jane was in a great mood the entire time and even waved a Santa a few times while we were watching the other kids sit on his lap, but as soon as I reached down to set her on his lap, I could feel her gripping my shirt and I knew that was it.


She cried and everyone around laughed. Then she looked around confused at everyone else. She only cried for like 3 seconds before she just wanted to look up at him and see who he was.


Then just looked at us confused. 


We stood in line for an hour for her to sit on his lap for maybe 15 seconds, but it was so worth it. You gotta have a picture of the baby sitting in Santa's lap right?

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting