Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone (a few days late)! This year it was just Mr. Hunt, Jane, the fur babies and I and we did have a great, but challenging day. 

This was Jane's first Thanksgiving and I was most excited about her watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade and trying all the yummy food!


Mr. Hunt let me sleep in while he got up, got Jane up, and put the turkey in. It was a nice change or pace but I couldn't really sleep in. At least I took my time getting up. He also brought me breakfast in bed which would have been enjoyed a little more if the fur babies weren't drooling everywhere.

We relaxed and watched the parade, but of course Jane didn't pay it any attention. Oh well, maybe next year.


The challenging part came in when Jane wouldn't stop being so clingy. She is never like this nor is she ever whiny, but on Thanksgiving she definitely was. I'm convinced it was her two teeth that are coming in, but she wouldn't let me put her down. Challenging to say the least. We wanted to have all the food ready by noon so that we could eat with Jane and then snack on the leftovers the rest of the day.

I tried my best to help Mr. Hunt when I could, but holding a baby or listening to her whine and cry was very hard. Somehow we got it all done, and man did it look delicious!




But....for the first time ever, Jane started to fall asleep in her high chair. She has never fallen asleep in random places so it was actually quite funny. I think all the crying and whining must have wore her out because it wasn't really nap time, but I laid her down anyway without eating much for lunch. Sometimes you just gotta roll with it.

Mr. Hunt and I ate the food...and it was AMAZING! Then we quickly laid on the couch and rested while Jane napped. You will learn that what they say is true....nap when the baby does.

Once she woke up, I wanted to get some pictures to remember her first Thanksgiving. This was also a challenge. Now that she walks, I cannot just put her down and snap away like I used to. I'm just going to have to settle on pictures of the back of her from now on.




Then I had the brilliant idea that we would try to get the fur babies and Jane together for a picture. HAHAHA! What was I thinking? I think I look at too many Pinterest perfect pictures and try to reenact them. The only possible way to get the dogs to look in the cameras direction while sitting still is by holding up a treat, and I don't have to remind you about "on the go Jane"


haha River!


yeah, its OK, you can laugh. This really was impossible, but we were both laughing along with it.



We just decided to let Jane walk around and see if by some miracle she would loop back around through the dogs and she did!




OK, so now all three of them see the treat and want it. This was the best picture we could get.


Then Jane really wanted to treat! haha!


Then we played outside a little more.




When we went back in, Jane threw a HUGE fit. She didn't want to come back inside.

Once we got her distracted, I slipped away to make these yummy pies. Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie and Pumpkin Pie. Both turned out so good!



Since Jane missed out on lunch, she enjoyed the leftovers for dinner. She loved the stuffing and green bean casserole the best!



The rest of the evening was difficult with Jane being clingy still, but I embraced it and paid her lots of attention. After all, it was Thanksgiving and I'm pretty thankful for that bean, even when she is a hand full. 

I'm thankful for my husband, my baby, my parents and in laws, my siblings (in laws too), my house, Mr. Hunt's job (so that I can stay home with the baby), all other relatives, my God who loves me unconditionally, my friends who are so supportive even miles away, and lots more. What are you thankful for? I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, now on to Christmas!!

Love,
The Hunts

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love the pictures of Jane running around with the dogs!!! So adorable!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting