Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Little Update

Soooo after I updated and told y'all that Jane and I had the stomach bug, Mr. Hunt then got it. Ugh! We were all a mess. It was a crazy stomach bug....Jane got it on Tuesday, I got it on Thursday, and Mr. Hunt got it on Saturday, every two days. It only really lasted 24 hours but we all were still feeling weak, tired, and just blah for a few days after.

But, let me rewind. Mr. Hunt got this bug BAD! Just like Jane and I, all of the sudden he was feeling nauseous (out of nowhere) then an hour later throwing up. I will spare the details, but it turns out we had to go to the ER with Mr. Hunt because he couldn't stop throwing up and I was scared he was getting dehydrated.

Let me tell you, it wasn't the best experience. I had to wake Jane up around midnight (which actually was the sweetest thing. She was so tired and cuddly), put her in the car and help transfer Mr. Hunt to the car as well and cross my fingers we could get there without him throwing up in the car on the way there.

I'm not entirely sure why the Emergency Room is called anything like Emergency. They seemed not to be worried about Mr. Hunt who was actually in the bathroom most of the time. I was in the lobby with Jane who was wide awake and wanting so badly to walk around. I was constantly worried about all the other people in that lobby who were probably sick and breathing on Jane. We waited TWO hours in that waiting room before they let us back into a room. Within those two hours, I asked multiple times when we could see a doctor and that I was getting more and more worried about Mr. Hunt. Every time he came out of that bathroom, he looked worse and worse. Finally Mr. Hunt went up to the receptionist and BEGGED them, I think he even told them that he would sit on the floor if they didn't have a room, he just really needed an IV with fluids.

They let us back (Mr. Hunt had to be wheeled in a wheelchair because he was so weak from being dehydrated) and it was another hour before a nurse came in with the IV. Soon after Mr. Hunt was finally feeling somewhat better.


We just sat in the room and waited for the IV to run out. Then they gave him a few meds. Jane was still awake the whole time. She fell asleep once and when my arm fell asleep I tried to transfer her to her stroller. She was asleep in there for 3 minutes before she tried to roll over and realized she couldn't and woke back up.



Around 6am we got to leave. We had been there for 6 hours and I was exhausted. I'm so surprised at how well Jane did and the next day she kept on her schedule which I didn't expect at all. Of course, the times she was awake, she was cranky and tired, but who wouldn't be. I didn't get any sleep for 48 hours, which probably didn't help me get over the bug any faster.

Anyway y'all, we are finally getting better. Thank goodness. That wasn't fun at all.

Tomorrow is Jane's FIRST BIRTHDAY! I cannot believe it. Then the next day we are headed to South Carolina for a week and we cannot wait. I had a bunch of posts to write before we all got sick so Ill try to write them before we go. I do have a whole bunch to do like pack, run errands, and play with my baby on her birthday, so it may or may not happen. I guess it will be a surprise!

Love y'all,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Carol said...

Bless his heart! The stomach bug is the worst! Happy Early Birthday to Jane!!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting