Thursday, December 19, 2013

Decorating Our Tree

We got our tree the day after Thanksgiving, but it wasn't until two Fridays ago that we got around to decorating it. I put lights on it a few days prior, but wanted to wait for Mr. Hunt and Jane to help with the rest. 

Here is Jane putting the star on the tree, or just looking at the top of the tree with the star in her hand. I know you usually put the star on last, but we weren't sure if Jane was going to be awake for the whole thing so we wanted to make sure she was able to put it on there. 



Then I attempted to really put it on and we realized that the top of the tree was way too tall. 


I don't know why I thought it was so funny, but I couldn't stop laughing. 


So Mr. Hunt had to trim it a little. 



Then it was time to decorate. We started getting the ornaments out that were not breakable so that Jane could walk around with them.


side note: Look at that hair. Its official, if I don't put it in a clip, its in her eyes!


She helped Daddy put on the first ornament. She actually put it in there, I was surprised! 



Then I couldn't take many more pictures because Jane was taking off all the ornaments we were putting on. Here is the end result!


I thought about possibly doing some sort of theme this year, but after looking at all the family ornaments we have, I just couldn't bare to not put them on. Each ornament on there has a story behind it and I love that.


Then after Jane went to bed I put all the gifts under the tree. Yes, I'm done shopping already, I think this is the earliest Ive been done and it feels great! I mainly finished early because I have to ship a lot of them to family and friends.



Don't laugh at my wrapping skills. I'm a horrible wrapper, but Mr. Hunt is worse so I end up doing it anyway.




It was fun decorating the tree with Jane and looking at all the ornaments we got from people last year for Jane. We also started a tradition last year that we kept this year, we watched Merry Christmas Charlie Brown while decorating. Its been fun starting new traditions with her.

Merry Christmas!
The Hunts

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting