Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Walking Soon?

Just like all other almost 10 month old kids, Jane is EVERYWHERE! She loves to be on the go. She doesn't like sitting still. She tries to climb out of the stroller, high chair, and grocery cart (anywhere where she is strapped down). She crawls everywhere and stands up whenever possible.



At first she would stand up while holding on to things (of course) and that was good enough for her. Lately shes been letting go and standing on her own! I'm pretty sure I squeal whenever it happens. 


She mainly lets go to clap or lets go to grab something and she doesn't even notice that's what she is doing.

She loves standing up on our laps instead of sitting on our laps.


I'm pretty sure walking is in our very near future. She loves to walk while pushing her walker around and also using the stool in my bathroom as a walker as well. The only set back is that she is timid about letting go when thinking about it.



Like I said before, when she doesn't let go, she does it without thinking and she can stand for a good 10 seconds on her own. But as soon as she realizes what shes doing, she squats and sits down right away. If I try to sit on the floor with her and balance her and talk about standing, she refuses to do it. She squats down and sits before I can even let go. Most of the time fussing like she is nervous.

But....sometimes I get this!! I wish I was sitting a little further back so you can see better, but she's standing on her own!


This crazy girl has never been timid or scared of anything until now. I think as soon as she realizes that she can stand and is not scared, she will be taking off and walking all over the place. 




Until then I should probably cherish the times that she is just crawling....actually scratch that, it doesnt matter....this girl crawls faster than any baby Ive ever seen. I'm thinking the initial walking phase will have to be slower than she can crawl.


Got to go chase her now,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting