Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Daddy and Jane

This past weekend I was out of town for my sister in law Katie's wedding shower. This was the first time I left Jane with Mr. Hunt for more than 2 hours alone.

I actually wasn't nervous at all. I know Mr. Hunt is a great Dad. The only thing is that he doesn't know where alot of stuff is. When I ask for his help with Jane, I usually get everything out and ready for him to help so that I'm not interrupted with a bunch of questions.

I left alot of notes about her schedule, what she eats and when, and I showed him the night before I left where everything he would need was. Its funny to think about all the things I bring around with me. I was trying to think ahead about everything he might need including if he decided to go out somewhere. Would he bring the diaper bag?

After obsessing over every little detail I decided to just ask Mr. Hunt what he wanted from me before I left, and then just stopped there. I knew he could always call me if he needed anything.

Everyone I talked to while I was gone kept saying "this will be good for them." I totally agreed, but I was true X100!!

Mr. Hunt and I both noticed that Jane is more attached to Mr. Hunt and they have a totally different relationship than they did when I left 48 hours before hand. Mr. Hunt said they had a great time mainly watching football and playing in the living room. They also went by his office to see people and walked to the BBQ food truck on Sunday.

I think I only got 2 questions while I was gone, so Mr. Hunt did great! Of course I hate when Jane cries, but when she saw me at the airport when I got back and I "left" again to sit in the front seat, she freaked out and cried. I was happy that she was showing how much she missed me and was sad I was "leaving" again so I sat in the back with her on the way home.

Mr. Hunt is such a great Daddy and this past weekend proved it!

I love you Mr. Hunt!

Love,
Your Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting