Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Katies Wedding Shower

Two weekends ago I went to Charlotte NC for my sister in law's bridal shower. For some of you it may sound silly to travel there and back in one weekend just for a bridal shower but I'm her sister and bridesmaid and I felt that I should be there. Plus, I didn't get to make it to her bachelorette in Vegas, so it was the least I could do. Also, it gave Mr. Hunt and Jane a weekend to themselves and I swear I still see a difference in them. They seem a lot closer and Mr. Hunt knows how to help out a whole bunch more since he had to do everything by himself for two days. 

Anyway, Friday afternoon I flew to Charlotte and hung out at my in laws for the evening. Katie and I stayed up too late catching up on each others lives. The next morning, we drove to Augusta GA where the shower was held, its about a 2 hour drive. 

The shower was great. Great people, great food, and great memories. We also played some fun games. I was busy having fun and forgot to take pictures until the end. 

Here are the three sisters. 


and the beautiful bride


and the bride with her mom and her future mother in law.


I know I had a great time and I'm pretty sure Katie did too. We also went over to see Mr. Hunt's grandmother which was a special visit since I don't see her often. I know Mr. Hunt was sad that he couldn't see her as well, but I gave her a kiss from him. 

Katie and I stayed up late once again chatting and talking about the shower and her upcoming wedding. 

The next day we laid low and I helped her and Mimi (Jane's Mimi) sort out some last details for the wedding. As we were making lists and talking about the things that still needed to be done, I wasn't wanting to leave. I didn't want to go back to Austin. I wished (once again) that we lived there still so I could drive over and help and go shopping. 

Not to get on this rant again about how we are homesick, because duh....we are. BUT, we are also SO THANKFUL for what we have here in Austin. We can look back at things that have happened here in Austin and we see God working in our lives. Things we know God wanted for us that wouldn't have happened if we still lived in Charlotte and for that we are grateful. We trust God has a plan for our family and we are comfortable in knowing our future is planned for the best from Him.

The weekend was great for both Mr. Hunt and I. Mr. Hunt had a great time with his baby girl and I had a great time with my in laws. We cant wait to go back for the wedding in a few weeks.

Love,
JRH

2 comments:

Carol said...

We live right across the river from Augusta in Aiken County! :) Glad you had fun! :) I completely understand you feeling homesick. There is no other place like South Carolina! :)

Unknown said...

Yes, as far as we are concerned we would move back anywhere on the east coast! :)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting