Saturday, October 19, 2013

10 Months

Today is my 27th birthday and what is more special than to celebrate my baby turning 10 months old as well?

We are having a great time here today, so I'm going to make this quick while she is napping!

As soon as I sat her down she went for a kiss on Teddy. I'm sad that I only got the end of it, because it was the cutest thing ever!


Then she decided that biting his ear was also a way of showing some affection.


We started brushing Jane's two little teeth this month. Its probably not necessary because like I say, "they will fall out anyway" but its a good habit to start, and she loves it.

Speaking of teeth....this isn't a great picture of the baby, but look at those teeth!


One of the best things this month is that Jane has started dancing. This is one of two things that happened this month that I didn't teach her. Surprisingly. I'm not sure where she learned this, but she does the typical baby squat dance when any music comes on. She has also started putting her head down and shaking it back and forth as well as waving her whole arm back and forth. It actually really funny to see.


Jane can now stand for very long periods of time. Its mainly when she isn't thinking about it, because once she realizes she is doing it, I think she gets scared and immediately squats down to sit. Every time we put her down, we let her stand instead of sit. Its helping.


She is starting to copy everything we do. She once copied me when I rubbed her back, she rubbed mine. So cute! She still copies every time we clap or wave, and she is starting to copy noises we make.

We had a small melt down when her Daddy took Teddy. This was the first face....


Then full blown cry....


Then temper tantrum....is it bad we laugh at this?


Then Daddy waved Teddy back and forth to try to get her to smile and it helped a little.

She has started to talk on the phone. This is the other thing that I swear we didn't teach her and I'm just amazed at where she learned this. Yes, we talk on the phone a lot in front of her, but she did this on an old school phone that looks nothing like our cell phones on one of her toys. She puts it straight to her ear and says what sounds like hello. Then she babbles before she throws the phone.


Sadly, she got her first fever this month as well as her first virus. Like I mentioned in a previous post, she got Hand, Foot, Mouth. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as it could have been and it didn't seem to bother her besides the one day of fever.

Here she is laughing at Teddy "dancing" behind me.


She has stopped spitting up pretty much all together. She still burps, but the spitting up is almost done, thank goodness.

Blowing Raspberries. This is one thing that she copies us on every time. If we do any noise involving our tongues, this is what she does.


She can climb up onto the ottoman which isn't my favorite thing this month. She is a climber. She climbs everything including the baby gate. She has climbed up on the ottoman on her own a few times, but if the dogs are laying any where near the ottoman, she uses them as a step and can get up quickly.

Still mesmerized by Teddy.


I'm pretty sure she has had a few nightmares. She will wake up immediately screaming and won't stop until I go in, pick her up, and rock her. She goes right back to sleep after that. Its happened a few times this month.


She knows what "sit down" means. We mainly say it when she is in the tub because we've had more than our share of boo boos in the tub from slipping.
She says....
Dada (she knows Dada now too, she doesn't just say it)
Woof Woof (when she sees a dog)
Hey (she said this a few times while waving and also copying us saying it)

BLESS YOU!


She is starting to cry when things don't go her way. Its starting to get rough because I hate to see her cry, but I guess the learning starts now.


On October 16th she took her very first step to her Daddy. We were both right there to see it. She fell down after the first step and has been too scared to try again. Either way, I think walking is in our near future.


On October 18th she FINALLY said Mama! We were eating dinner at Outback and I will NEVER forget it. No, she wasn't saying it to me, she was just babbling, but I'm counting it. You have no idea how long Ive been trying to get her to say it and she just says Dada or Woof Woof instead.


Today, we share a special day. My birthday and her 10 month birthday. This is my first birthday with a baby and I'm loving it so far. I know she has no clue whats going on, but I sure do.

Jane,
You are growing so quickly and you are your own person now. We can't believe some of the things you are doing already and you make us laugh daily. Stay happy, smart, and pretty forever. We love you!

Love,
Mama and Dada

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting