Wednesday, October 23, 2013

27

So if you were to ask me on Saturday afternoon how my birthday was going, I probably would have gave you a glare and a smart answer. The Gamecocks had the nerve to LOSE a game that should have been an easy WIN on MY birthday. Yes, I'm a baby and selfish about it. I made a joke about how if they lost, it would ruin my birthday thinking there was no way they would really lose. I also made a joke assuming the gamecocks would win that if Clemson lost, it would make my birthday even better. I ate my words....cocks lost and for a few minutes, I really did believe my 27th birthday was over. I even text my Dad saying that I was considering celebrating it next weekend until I remembered that we are playing the ranked Mizzou. If we cant beat an unranked Tennessee than I'm not counting on a win this next weekend.
Enough about that. I'm over it....for real..... kind of
We woke up and got our morning started. The game was coming on at 11am our time, so we had stuff to do before it started. Mr. Hunt went out and got Subway for lunch and some of my favorite cupcakes from the bakery near our house.
We ate the subs and then enjoyed the cupcakes. Mr. Hunt forgot the candles so he made one out of a toothpick and paper towel.


Here is Jane and I at halftime, see we still have smiles on our faces. 


Mr. Hunt sang Happy Birthday to me.....



 Then I decided I wanted the other cupcake. I shared with Jane.

First I gave her a little sample. She's never had cake and didn't really know what was going on.


But once she had a taste, she was addicted. Look at the grip!


Then I tried to get a kiss, but she was more interested in the cake.


Sprinkle Lips


Then we had one more bite together before I decided she shouldn't have anymore sugar.


Then the next hour was brutal while I watched my birthday wither away in the game. I seriously almost shed a tear. If you don't know how much I am serious about my gamecock football, maybe now you know. Yeah, it was that bad.


We took our jerseys off, Mr. Hunt took a nap in hopes to wake up in a better mood, Jane took a nap as well, and I worked on Jane's birthday video which puts me in a good mood watching all the videos we have of her. 

After finding out that both Georgia and Florida lost as well, we were in better spirits (told you its serious....it makes or breaks our moods). We got showers and cleaned up for our family Christmas photo shoot. 

The pictures turned out amazing! Ill just leave you with this for now before I share the rest later. 



Then our friends (also the girl who took our pictures) scooped up Jane and took her to their house while Mr. Hunt and I went on our first date in Austin since having Jane. 

We went to a place called Trulucks which was super yummy seafood. They also brought me this yummy dessert. 



Dinner was great. It was different to be on a date. We used to go on them all the time before Jane. We kept having to remind ourselves that we didn't have to rush through dinner wondering if Jane was going to blow up any second. We could eat slow and enjoy ourselves...and that's what we did.

Jane had a great time at the Will's house. Apparently she had some pizza and was just as hyper and all over the place like she is a home. She's not shy.

When we got home, these beautiful flowers were on our porch. From my Mom and Dad. How sweet and fall like. 


Then we watched as Clemson's dreams of the National Championship quickly flew out the door. It was a good end to my questionable beginning of a day. 

Oh, and Mr. Hunt bought me this embroidery machine that Ive wanted for a few years now. I was so surprised and I cant wait to learn how to use it. Thankfully its a lot like a sewing machine as far as threading it and stuff and my mother in law taught me how to do all that. 


Looking back now, my day really was great.....minus the game. We had a great time taking pictures, going on a date, and watching Clemson lose. The rest of the weekend was wonderful as well. 

Especially because Jane officially loves giving kisses and she is really into it. 


We've been getting a lot of these in the past few days and I'm constantly having to pick up my melted heart off the floor every time.

Thanks to everyone who made my birthday so special. Mr. Hunt, my parents and in laws,  the Wills, and Clemson to name a few. Gamecocks....y'all better get your act together, you are not on my good side right now.

Love,
the birthday girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting