Monday, October 28, 2013

Our Little Pumpkin

We had a great weekend! First, the gamecocks pulled off a crazy win against Missouri who was undefeated and ranked #5, plus it was an away game. It was very nerve wracking, but it was fun to watch!

Then we went to the pumpkin patch! Ive been looking forward to this since before fall started. 




It had rained here the night before we went so the hay was a little wet. Jane wasn't fond.


But she was VERY fond of the goats. As we walked up, I mentioned to Mr. Hunt that I hoped Jane would like the goats and wouldn't be scared. He quickly reminded me that these goats were smaller than our two dogs and she is obsessed with the dogs. I will say now that I'm not sure if she loves the dogs or the goats better.


She went right up to them and wasn't scared one bit. She was squealing and laughing the entire time.


She even had an audience behind us laughing at how happy she was about these goats. When they would walk away, she reached through for them....


Mr. Hunt and I were saying how we were glad that these goats were nice. Ive come across some goats a few times that weren't so nice...you know, they eat clothes and stuff. Seeing as there were no signs about petting them or employees around to warn anyone, we knew they had to of been OK. Most kids around were Jane's age or a little older.


Then this happened.....Jane open mouth kissed the goat. Yeah, if it were up to me, I wouldn't have allowed it, but it happened in a blink of an eye. Then there was nothing I could do. I surprised Mr. Hunt got a picture of it...great timing! Jane enjoyed it, and I know the goat enjoyed it, because they tried to kiss each other a few times after this as well.


The goat licked her nose as well. She must of had some left over breakfast on her face.



Then she grabbed this ones face and slapped it and pulled his ears like she does with River. That's when I was worried the goat would go crazy, but he didn't care a bit.


After washing her hands very well, we went over to the sand box ship. Mr. Hunt and I didn't want her to play in the sand though because it was more like mud since it had rained.




Sorry for the blur in the corner of every picture. We didn't realize there was a fingerprint not the lens until halfway through our trip.

This was a jumping pillow. Its like an open moon bounce. It was fun watching all the kids on it, but Jane was a little too young.


We relaxed on a little swing for a bit. The weather was great. It wasn't too hot or too cold and it was cloudy so we weren't going to get sunburned.



They are best buds.



Then a nice lady came over to offer to take our picture. She had the same camera as me and she changed the settings. The picture is way over exposed if you ask me, but I didn't ask her to take it again.


Then Mr. Hunt didn't notice what she had done and took a few pictures of Jane and I.



haha!



Then we went over to the pumpkins. Jane LOVES pumpkins....who knew? She liked to try to eat the stem a lot.



Still wasn't fond of the wet hay.


These are all too good not to share. Mr. Hunt really knows how to make Jane laugh.






Jane is a pro at standing by herself now and she's been taking 4 and 5 steps in a row too.


There was also a corn maze which we didn't do and a train that we didn't ride.


We had some lunch there and listened to the live band. Jane danced a lot and crawled around in the grass while attracting attention from everyone around with her dance moves and singing.

I really really wanted to take pictures of Jane inside a pumpkin like almost everyone else does. Ive wanted to do that even before I was pregnant. I just think its the cutest thing. So I went out and got a pumpkin that I thought was big enough and carved two little holes for her legs.

Turns out she is just too big for it. Mr. Hunt even cut out the back so that she could still fit, but even then she is towering over the pumpkin and it looks weird. Oh well, maybe the next baby.

I still took pictures of her with her two pumpkins though.


The smaller pumpkin was one we bought her at the grocery store while we were shopping to distract her. I really don't know what it is, but she loves pumpkins.



The bigger one is hers that I was going to monogram, but ended up with just an h. Yeah, I basically had two pumpkin fails.


I really don't mind because I can't wait for y'all to see her in her Halloween costume.




I think Jane is enjoying the fall season as much as we are too. 

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting