Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Down for the Count

Sorry I haven't been updating lately, Jane has been under the weather since Friday. Really Friday was the worst of it thank goodness, but after taking her to the doctor yesterday, we learned that she has Hand Foot and Mouth Virus. How gross does that sound? Couldn't they have named it something else?

Basically she has little pimple like dots on her hands, feet, mouth, in her mouth, and on her bum. She also has a few other random ones on her body. Thankfully they don't seem to bother her at all, but Fridays fever and crankiness weren't fun.

Not sure where she got this virus seeing as she doesn't go to daycare, but its VERY contagious to other children under 10, so she could have easily gotten it from a restaurant highchair, a grocery cart, etc. This is Jane's first real virus (besides a few stuffy noses) and its hard to not feel like a horrible mom. Like, how did she get this? How could I have done something different? Deep down I know there really isn't anything I could have done besides not letting her out of the house or to be the bubble girl, but I wonder if I will feel like this every time she gets sick?

Ok, gotta go. Ill be back with my regular blogging soon....maybe tomorrow.

Love yall,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting