Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday and Friday (Day 1 & 2)

We arrived on Thursday at 7pm so we still had a little bit before Jane had to go to sleep. Uncle Dave and Nana picked us up and we drove home to see Pappy, Uncle Dylan, and Jen (Uncle Dylan's girlfriend). Jane loved seeing everyone again, and so did I. We ate some subs, gave Jane a bath, fed Jane her bottle and put her to bed. We all hung out a little more, but I was so tired from the flights that I went to bed soon after Jane.

On Friday Jane and I hung out at my parents house most of the day by ourselves. It was nice to be alone for the first part of the day so that we could get her back on schedule slowly and not be overwhelmed by everyone all at once. Dylan and Jen came over for lunch before they headed to the mountain house for Memorial Day weekend. My mom also came home for lunch from work. It was nice hanging out with them a little more.

This was the first time that Jane was going to sleep in the pack and play. I'm glad that we finally got to use it since Mr. Hunt was starting to think we wasted our money on it. I was a little worried that Jane wouldn't be used to it and have a hard time sleeping, but she did GREAT! She loved it.


Jane and I played in the living room most of the day in between naps. We tried to take it slow since we had a busy day before on the planes. We played on a blanket that was made for me before I was born. It was blue and pink because my parents didn't find out my gender until I was born.


Jane and I worked on sitting up. She is getting so close to being able to sit on her own.


We matched!


I also took some pictures of my sweet baby in my childhood bed.



Then Brandy and Cameron came over to visit. I havent seen Brandy or Cameron in a long long time and they hadn't met Jane either so it was so good to see them. Cameron was a little questionable about Jane at first, especially when Brandy tried to hold her, but we still managed to get some pictures of them together. We know they will appreciate this when they are best friends later and we show them these. Of course Jane was loving every minute.






You may be wondering how Jane did with Charlie (the dog). They both did great! I wasn't sure if Jane just really loved her own dogs, but I learned this trip that she loves ALL dogs. Charlie loved her too.






The rest of the day was slow. We had dinner as a family and played a few games. It was a nice slow start to our crazy 1.5 weeks ahead.


Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting