Thursday, June 13, 2013

Back on the Grind

The healthy grind that is.

Very very soon after Jane was born (like 4 weeks), I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I was shocked. But it was probably a mixture of breastfeeding and not eating enough since I had a newborn who was more important to me than eating.

Now, 6 months later, I'm 10 pounds heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight. Yikes! And I know exactly what happened here.

Before I was pregnant, I had a pretty good workout plan/routine. Mr. Hunt and I had a gym membership and we tried our best to keep in shape. We also watched what we ate and tried to eat healthy as much as possible. If you know Mr. Hunt and I though, you know we love food and just laying around so we weren't the best at it, but we certainly tried and always had it in the back of our minds.

Then I got pregnant. In the first trimester, I was sick. I couldn't smell anything. All smells made me nauseous so any sort of diet or eating healthy went out the window right there. I just ate whatever I could that didn't have a smell. Once I started to feel better I was in the mindset that I still needed to eat somewhat healthy, but when I didn't, I never felt bad about it. I didn't go to the gym anymore, but I walked the dogs every single day which was enough exercise at the time. Towards the end of the pregnancy, all sorts of eating healthy went out the window! I still always had the idea in the back of my mind, but I didn't listen to that at all. I ate whatever. The walks went out the window too. Just walking from one side of the house to the other (and our house was small) was enough to get me out of breath.

So, like I said before, I lost all the weight soon after Jane was born and I was so excited. Granted, my body didn't look anything like it did before, but at least the weight was gone and all I had to do was tone up. WRONG! I never got back in the workout and eat healthy mind set. I was too into taking care of Jane and doing what I needed for her, I just ate whatever and never thought about exercising. Moving downtown where we are in walking distance to a whole bunch of food trucks probably didn't help either.

So, here I am. 10 pounds heavier. Its about time to get me back in shape. Don't get me wrong, I'm still putting Jane first for everything, but I feel like everything will be better for her, if I better myself also.

Here is my plan. I definitely don't have time for a gym (or the money right now for a gym membership), so everything needs to be done at home and mostly during her naps. I'm just starting slow here, just starting to do better for myself. I have a few work out videos that I can do and I also know a whole bunch of home workout exercises to do. Anything is better than nothing. I also walk sometimes while Jane is awake. She likes to be in the stroller and look around. The only problem with that is that its getting super hot here already and by the time I walk around for just 20 minutes, Jane is soaked in sweat. That cant be good.

As far as eating, I'm just eating less and more healthy. Just being conscious of what I'm eating I guess. If you know me, you know that I HAVE to have dessert. There really isn't any negotiation there. I know that doesn't really help me, but I'm not desperate....yet.

So, that's it. I'm just going to be more healthy and active and see where it gets me. Ill keep y'all updated.

Love,
Jen H

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting