Monday, June 10, 2013

Friday and Saturday (Day 9 & 10)

Friday was another rest day for us. My parents were at work and Davis was at school. We had an unexpected visitor though half way through the day....Aunt Katie! I'm sad we didn't get any pictures though. We were too busy playing with Jane and catching up on life. I love that girl and I'm so glad that she got to see Jane while we were somewhat near her. 

Jane was giving me so many kisses (sucking on my cheek).


My Mom had to work late that night and Davis had a birthday dinner to go to, so my Dad and I cooked dinner and Dylan and Jen came over one last time to eat with us. I enjoyed hanging out with them very much. Nana came home just in time to put Jane to sleep.

On Saturday we were headed on a road trip. It was going to be Jane's first road trip and I was a little nervous how it would be. We left just in time for her first nap so that was good.


We made sure to try our hardest to wear her out a little before getting into the car. She liked playing with this little dog stuffed animal...he looked like River.



Look at her and Charlie. 


We drove the first two hours to Columbia and got out for a little stretch. We went to Barnes and Noble to look around, feed Jane, and rest a little. Once she was changed and ready to go, we went by Chick-Fil-A for our food and kept rolling. Oh yeah, Jane didn't cry at all the first stretch. She was great.


The second stretch she took another little snooze, but was up alot too. It was another 2 or 3 hours until we got to our destination....Clemson. Yep, we had to go there. We made sure that we did stop in Columbia before making our way yo Clemson. I didn't want Jane to have gone to Clemson before ever going to Columbia. As much as I dislike Clemson, I would NEVER miss my little cousin's graduation party and for Jane to meet more family members.

She got to meet for the first time her Great Grammy, her Great Aunt Deb, her Great Uncle Jim, her Pappy's Cousins Denise and Kevin, and their two kids, Bailey (graduate) and Dakota.

Here she is with her Great Grammy. So sweet!



Great Grammy feeding her.


She loved Great Aunt Deb. Look at that smile!





and there's Bailey!



When we left the party, we had one last hour to drive up to my family's mountain house. Jane slept most of the way, again, not making a peep. She is such a good baby!


After a little bath and unpacking, she went right to sleep in yet another room. I was in bed shortly after that. 


Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting