Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sitting Up?

As I said on her 6th month update, Jane is finally sitting up on her own. I still don't let her sit up on her own if I'm not on the floor with her since she does tend to get super excited and throw her head back and fall back. Or sometimes the dogs will come lick her face and it throws off her balance and she falls back. But she loves to sit up on her own. 


She no longer wants to be laying down especially on her back. She will roll right over onto her tummy and not stay there for long before she fusses to sit up.


Soon she will be able to go from laying to sitting on her own. I cant wait for that so that I cant get stuff done while she plays. Right now I'm right there and even if I do leave her while she is doing tummy time, she doesn't last long before I have to go back over there to distract her or help her to sit up.


We still use the play nest thing and she loves that too, but she tends to get lazy and lean back in it.


I have been looking froward to her sitting up on her own for awhile. Again, I just think she can be more independent while playing and can reach most toys that are nearby. Of course if the puppies walk by, she gets distracted.


But....I can definitely wait for the crawling. As much fun as it will be to see her move around on her own, I'm not quite ready for a mobile baby. I like knowing that when I put her down and go grab something in the bedroom, she will be in the general spot I left her when I come back in 30 seconds. I know by this girls personality and eagerness to move already, that once she learns she can crawl, she will be going non-stop.


Bath time has changed also. She refuses to lay back in the tub now. We still use her whale tub from Adrienne though because it has a grip on it and the big tub is too slippery. This makes it harder to wash her hair since she wont lean back, but she actually likes to have water poured on her face.


Isn't she cute?

Man, she is growing so fast! It seems like everyday there is something new whether it is something big (sitting up), or something small (adding ba to her vocabulary).

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting