Tuesday, June 25, 2013

No T-Shirt Challenge

I made up a challenge for myself and so far Ive done really well so I thought Id share it.

Being a stay at home mom means that there are plenty of days where I don't get to dress up. At first I liked the idea of this. I no longer had to think of cute outfits to wear at 6am or pick it out the night before. I didn't have to shop for ONLY work clothes which seemed to be what was happening when I worked. I could finally just get out of my pjs and put on whatever. If I wanted to dress up or wear something cute, then I would. If I wanted to just get into something else comfy, I would. Shopping changed, I now look for comfy clothes to wear instead of work clothes.

I liked it at first, but now not so much. I miss shopping for "real" clothes. I often see really cute dress up clothes, but I have to talk myself out of buying it because I have no where to wear them. Before, I would only dress up nice if Mr. Hunt and I went out on a date and I often got more dressed up than needed just because I could. But now with a baby and no babysitter right now, there is no date night without Jane and that means there is no fancy date nights. I still dress up nice as much as I can, but its very rare.

Anyway....I found myself going through my pile of old t-shirts and wearing them everyday. Baggy, old, worn out, not flattering t-shirts and a pair of yoga pants or sofie shorts. Not cute. One day while putting my long sleeve shirts and clothes away and bringing out my summer clothes I realized how many cute clothes I actually have and NEVER wear. So, I came up with a challenge for myself. For one week, I wouldn't wear ANY t-shirts, not even to sleep. This would force me to wear clothes that I have and somewhat dress up.

Some days I didn't leave the house at all, but I still felt good about myself. It also forced me to brush my hair and do something with it. Its no work clothes and heels, but its a step in the cute direction. I even have a whole bunch of fun pjs that I wasn't ever wearing and pulling out from under all the tshirts. After a week with success and enjoying "getting ready" in the morning, I'm extending the challenge. I'm going to try my best to not wear tshirts. I'm going to pick out and wear actual outfits even if I don't leave the house. It makes me feels better about myself which then somehow helps me get more stuff done during the day...who knew?

If you are a stay at home mom also and find yourself in this rut, try it! You might like it!

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting