Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Your Typical Boy

So here is a story of your "typical" boy.
Last night Mr Hunt begged me to make his mothers famous Lemon Bars. He said that his mom made the BEST and I had to use her recipe. So I called her and got the recipe. Seemed pretty easy to me.

CRUST:
Yellow cake mix
Egg
Butter

FILLING:
Cream cheese
Confectioners sugar
Eggs
Lemon Juice

Mr. Hunt was the one who was going to the grocery to get everything for dinner so I told him the ingredients I needed. He was so excited.
When he got home I was on a walk with the dogs so he put all of the groceries up. When I returned I was going to make the Lemon Bars. I looked on the counter and there was a box of Lemon Bar Mix (like brownie mix) there. I looked at him and said "What is this?" He said "I thought this would be easier because you only need three eggs." Oh geez. Now this is what I would call your typical boy. He asked me to call his mom to get the recipe and make her famous lemon bars, and then he buys the box kind. This is why I love him though. It sure did put a smile on my face.

Don't worry!! I warned him that they weren't going to taste the same as his mother's did. They turned out pretty good. I think they were a little soft because I didn't let is chill for as long as the BOX said. I think Kaki's recipe will be much better though.


Kaki: I will make your recipe one of these days. I think I may have to go to the grocery store myself so that Mr. Hunt doesn't go astray in the isles again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting