Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hannah's Morning Routine

I love Hannah, but not as much in the mornings. No matter what time she went to bed, she wakes up at 6:00am. Sometimes this is fine if we are getting up for work or something, but some mornings, I like to sleep until 6:30 or 6:45. I am not a good sleeper as it is. Mr. Hunt can fall right asleep, and when his alarm goes off, he can go right back to sleep within seconds. I cant. If something wakes me up, ill be up for another 20 or 30 minutes before I can fall back asleep.

So when Hannah wakes up, she comes right over to my face and licks it....ALOT! Its not sweet soft licks, its hard licks! Of course that wakes me up, but I pretend I'm still sleeping. Then she will lay right next to me and put her paw on my face and just hold it there. I try so hard to pretend I'm sleeping, but I just cant. As soon as she sees me even open one eye, she hops up and starts wagging her whole body (not just her tail) and makes the pig/coyote noise she makes when we have guests come over. It is way too much for the early morning. Most of the week days, I just go ahead and wake up at that point.

On the weekends I try so hard to ignore her. If I ignore her she usually goes to wake River up. Then I have two puppies who want to play. No matter where she is in the room, if I open one eye or even move to a different position in the bed, she thinks I'm getting up and she starts with the noises.

The worst thing is that she doesn't do this to Mr. Hunt at all. Sometimes if he starts to get out of bed before me, she will run over to his side of the bed and make her noises. Other than that, its just me.


I love her. I really do. But I need to figure something else out for her morning routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting