Friday, June 25, 2010

Anxiety Out of Control!

So last night I thought for sure that I was either going to have a heart attack, and anxiety attack, or just throw up. No I wasn't sick, I was watching the Gamecocks of course. I don't know what it is about me and ANYTHING gamecock, but I get pretty into the games. The game was WAY too close for comfort.
For those of you that don't know, the Gamecock baseball team is in the College World Series. This doesn't happen alot for their baseball team so it is very exciting. Right now it is double elimination and we already lost once, so we HAD to win last night or we would have to go home. The game was Oklahoma-1 South Carolina-0 the whole game until the 9th inning....we scored one run. The game went into extra innings. I usually only get anxiety when they play football because I love football, but when it went into extra innings the anxiety kicked right it. For the rest of the game my heart felt like it was about to pump out of my chest.

Long story short, Oklahoma got a home run in the top of the 12th inning. My heart sank, I couldn't believe it. It was our turn up to bat and we needed at least one run to keep it tied. Two runs to win. Since we only scored one run in the last 11 innings it was a far shot. When we did score the one run, I almost threw up because I was jumping up and down so much in front of the TV screaming. I was still full from our dinner at Wild Wings, so I probably shouldn't have been jumping. We had 2 outs and we needed one more run to win. AND WE DID IT! We hit a base run that brought in the third run! I went crazy. Mr. Hunt and I started running around the family room, jumping up and down. You would have thought we won the WHOLE thing! The dogs looked at us a little crazy then joined in on the excitement!

So guess who we have to play now? You will never guess.

CLEMSON!!!! Can you believe this. We are playing our biggest/only rival in the College World Series. This game or games will determine who will be in the finals! This is crazy. I really dislike Clemson. They haven't lost yet so we will have to beat them twice. I know we can do it. Please keep your fingers crossed. The first game is tonight at 9pm. WE NEED TO WIN!!!!

As you can tell, I'm a little too excite about this. I hope I can get some work done today. All I can hear is "2001" playing the back of my head.

GOOOOOO GAMECOCKS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting