Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hot as Heck

Let me start off by saying that in order for me to be hot, it has to be over 100 degrees. I love hot weather and hate cold weather. I start to get cold when it is 65 degrees. Winter is not the best time for me. I like everything about summer. The hot weather, beach, pool, clothing, etc, but being hot inside is not good.
In our new offices at work, they still haven't put a real A/C in. I don't know what they need to do but all I know is that there is a vent tube hanging from the ceiling right outside my office that blows cold or hot air out from the lobby. During the winter, I was always freezing cold, I had to bring a blanket to work. Now that it is summer, it is a different story.

The lobby has not been getting enough cold air since the doors are always opening and closing, so the lobby gets really hot. So they decided to close our vent tubes so that the air can be all going to the lobby. Well this was good for the guests, but not for us. It got pretty stuffy back in our offices. Everyone in the office says, "If Jennifer is hot, it must really be hot." Let me tell you, I was hot. So Chris (one of my co-workers) decided he would open it when nobody was looking and stick his head in the vent tube. It was pretty funny at the time. He says he was sweating, which I could believe because I was getting hot too.
Thank God I bought a mini fan when I started working here at The Blake Hotel when the A/C was broken. Now I blow that on my face all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting