Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

My brothers and Dylan's friend Trey came in town for the weekend. We had such a great time. Here is a brief overview of what we did.

Friday night they arrived around 6pm. We went to Hickory Tavern for dinner and hung out around the house and played games that night.

Saturday, the boys (Mr. Hunt, Dylan, Davis, & Trey) went golfing while I painted our bedroom and waited for the bedroom furniture. When they got home we headed to Dave and Busters. We ate dinner first then played in the arcade. We all played the horse race game the most. We left around 11:30pm and played more games when we got home. We didn't go to bed until 4am Sunday morning. I haven't stayed up that late in a really really long time. My brothers were very surprised I didn't fall asleep. I had to stay awake and hang out as long as I could since I only see them every now and then.

Sunday was when the boys were going to leave, but Mr. Hunt and I persuaded them to stay one more night. We went to Jim and Nick's BBQ for lunch then headed to our community pool which just opened Saturday. I really like our pool, especially because for 10 minutes every hour it is adult swim, which means all the kids have to get out of the pool so the adults can relax. I got in every adult swim. That night we grilled steaks for dinner which were very yummy. We took it easy that night since we stayed up so late the night before.

Monday we went to BT's Burger Joint for lunch. When we got home, the boys had to pack up and head home. I was sad to see them leave, but its OK because they are coming back very soon for their 2nd annual Carowinds trip. I cant wait.

It was nice to have Monday off, but it seemed harder to get to work this morning. At least it is already Tuesday, and it kinda feels like Monday. I'm ready to go back to the pool this coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting