Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Daddy and the "Real" Mr. Hunt

Happy Fathers Day to all of the Dads out there, especially my Dad. There is too much to say about my dad right now, but to put it short, he is the BEST! He is laid back, loving, caring, selfless, and most importantly funny. He is always wanting to know what is going on with "us kids" and is always asking questions. He is there to help with anything. When I say anything, I mean it. When Mr. Hunt and I moved into our new house, my Mom, Dad, and Davis came up to help out around the house. My Dad had been on a business trip where he was in a hotel for a week or so and working his butt off, then had to drive all the way back just to turn around and drive 4 hours to our house. No day to rest. When he got to our house, he was constantly doing something. He helped paint, he put up my flag pole, he went to Lowe's and The Home Depot with me and my mom to help us pick out what we needed, he spread grass seed in our yard and told Mr. Hunt and I how to keep up with it, plus a whole lot more. This is just one example of how my dad is always there for me. I know he was exhausted and wanted to rest, but he didn't because his girl needed a hand. This is him at Kelly Maxwell's wedding going down the "soul train" line. I told he he could party!

Dad: Thank you for everything you have ever done for me. I love you so very much and I am so lucky to have a father like you. I love how you can help me clean my car one minute, give me advice the next, then party and be funny with me later. I know you work your butt off everyday for Mom, the boys, and I, and I am here to tell you that we are so thankful for that. You have always worked your hardest. I remember growing up, mom would always be worried about you working in the 100 or more degree temperature, and I know you were hot, but you did it for us. Thank you! Please come see Mr. Hunt and I soon. We miss you....and we need help again around the house. P.S. Bring my Mom too!

Now the "real" Mr. Hunt (I'm going to call him Tony now, and Kaki (Mr. Hunt's Mom)) had a birthday yesterday also, so he deserves a Happy Father's Day and a Happy Birthday. I know he had a good Father's Day because he was fishing, and a good Birthday becasue Mr. Hunt and I came over. We went over to their house last night for a small birthday celebration. He cooked very yummy steaks while Kaki made salad and baked potatoes.
Tony: I have a message for you too! So many times you have helped and given advice to Mr. Hunt or I, I have always thought about something. Mr. Hunt and I are the luckiest kids when it comes to our dad's! Do you know why? Because when you put you and my dad together, it makes the PERFECT DAD!!! Not that my dad or you aren't perfect by yourselves, and before I sound like a bad person, let me explain myself. When Mr. Hunt or I have a questions about finances, business, work, etc. we call you. Then when we have a questions about the yard, the house, appliances, etc. we go to my Dad. It Perfect! We always have someone to call about anything. So thank you for always helping us with our sometimes silly questions. Maybe someday we will have learned most everything we need to know, and we wont have to call you men so much. Well, come to think of it....I don't think that will ever happen. We will always be calling our dads for one thing or another.

Thanks Dad's!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting