Monday, June 21, 2010

Neighbors

Mr. Hunt and I met some of our neighbors this weekend. It was nice to finally meet some people. We have already met the people to the left of us, they don't like us very much for some reason. We are on the corner of the street, so we don't have anyone to the right of us. Right across the street from us, a nice little family moved in about a month ago. They have two boys, a boat, and they love the gamecocks! The youngest boy always says "Hi Chris" when he sees Mr. Hunt.

This weekend we went to the community pool. I enjoy the pool very much, the water temperature is just right, plus we get to meet people. Jeff is the man that lives right next to the pool. He introduced himself to Mr. Hunt and I one evening when we brought our dinner to the pool. He has a son named Nolan who plays baseball and loves our dogs. We see them almost everyday because they are either at the pool, at the pond fishing when we walk the dogs, or in their backyard. They are a nice family, and I found out that they like the Redskins just like me! We got invited to come over every Sunday for a football cookout. We might take that offer up since he is right near the pool!

When we got to the pool Saturday, there weren't many people there yet. About 10 minutes later, Jeff showed up with Nolan. We talked to Jeff for awhile before his buddies came and sat next to him. We were all introduced. We met a younger couple (but older than us) named JT and Marie. They were very sweet and fun also. They live a few streets down from the pool.

Next, our neighbor from across the street to the right of us (that has to be confusing) came and sat next to us. Her name is Hilary Taylor. She works at a dentist office and her husband, Rich, is a nurse in the cardiac center at the hospital. He wasn't at the pool because he worked the night shift, so he was sleeping. I think we are going to become good friends with them, because they seem the most like us.

A few minutes later the couple from two houses down on the left came in right when I was talking about our fence to Hilary. I was explaining that I didn't understand why we had to change our fence if the people two houses down had the same one as ours. A man chimed in as he jumped in the pool saying "that's me, you are talking about me!" Sure enough it was him. After talking about the fences for awhile, we introduced ourselves. His name is Mike and her named is Shayne. They are from Michigan and they talk ALOT! Especially Mike!

I'm very glad we met everyone, and I think we will see each other alot at the pool. We are going to try to put together a cook out or something where everyone can get together.

Oh! I also learned that the neighbors that don't really like us, don't really like anyone. I'm relived to know that it wasn't just something Mr. Hunt or I did.

This is really random, but I saw a cow on the way to work today riding in the back of a truck. Ive seen them do that before with horses and even cows, but they are usually in a trailer that you can hardly see through. This cow was out in the open! He kept looking at me, and I thought he was going to bust through the tiny wire that was holding him in.


This whole weekend I though next weekend was July 4th. I'm disappointed to know that I have another two weeks before my small vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting