Friday, July 26, 2013

Plans for the Rest of the Year

Hey everyone! Ive got alot on my mind today so this post might just be all over the place. First of all, did y'all celebrate Christmas in July yesterday?


I'm always excited for Christmas every year, but I keep finding myself wishing it was almost Christmas already and its only July. Maybe its because its so HOT here I'm ready for a change, or maybe because that means Jane's birthday is close, or maybe it because we didn't really celebrate Christmas last year since we had a week old baby and no family in town. Who knows, but I lunged at the chance to celebrate Christmas in July, but by the time the end of the day snuck around, we hadn't done anything but think about it. Anyway, we didn't get to the Christmas movie we were planning on watching, but I did enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows. That's kind of like Christmas right? Especially because you don't normally drink hot chocolate in the middle of the summer. I did find this blog post this morning and kind of wish I found this yesterday, although last night was a "school night" (that's what we call a week day around here), so the whole drinking part probably wouldn't have been good, but we may think of playing this at least once this December. Go check it out at Little Baby Garvin.

OK, on to what this post is really about. We have a very busy rest of the year. We are super excited and cant wait to spend some much needed time with family, but we are also in a pinch with money around here since we have a total of 7 more flights to buy before the end of 2013, and that doesn't count the flights we've already bought! Besides living closer to our family, the other main reason I cant wait to move back closer to family is so that we could possibly drive when we go visit instead of buying flights. Man, they are so expensive and stressful with a baby. I have a funny feeling these flights are going to just get more and more difficult as Jane gets older. She's no longer going to just lay in my arms and sleep.

So, this is what we have going on:

Coming up in a few weeks, we are headed to Bluffton SC to see family and friends. One of my best friends Adrienne is having her bridal shower that I'm going to attend, and Mr. Hunt is hopefully going to squeeze in a fishing trip with his brother and Dad. Also, we are going to take a day trip to North Augusta SC to have Jane meet some more family members (most importantly her Great Grandmama).

(I was going to try to find the oldest picture of us, but then I got annoyed at how far I had to go back. This is pretty old!)

September: This is my best friends wedding that Im in. Jane will stay with my paretns while Mr. Hunt and I are in Charleston SC for the wedding. This will be a short weekend trip.

(another oldie but goodie! I LOVE THIS GIRL)

October: I'm leaving Jane with Mr. Hunt at home for the first time ever and I'm headed to Augusta GA for my sister in law's bridal shower. I feel the need to be at both of these showers since I'm in the wedding and couldn't make either of the bachelorette parties (sad but true).



November: My sister in law gets married and I get a new brother in law!!! This wedding will be in Charlotte NC. Cant wait!



December: We are going to be headed back to Bluffton for a few days for Jane's first birthday and Christmas. I know what you are thinking, if money was an "issue" than we could have skipped this trip. Yes, but we want to be with our family for these special occasions. You see, last year we spent Thanksgiving by ourselves for the first time because I was too pregnant to fly. It was fun, but at the end of the day, we were a little sad and missed family. Then a month later we spent Christmas by ourselves for the first time too. Again, really lonely. I guess that's what happens when you grow up or are far away from family, but we didn't approve. This year we will be spending Thanksgiving by ourselves again (plus Jane) because we certainly couldn't afford to make another trip, so making sure we made it for Christmas was important. Also, while we do have a handful of friends here in Texas, we would rather throw a huge first birthday party for Jane when family and close friends could attend.


So, with all that said, I'm still going to try my best to update this blog as much as I can. I will also have alot more fun stuff to look at besides my gorgeous hilarious baby. So stay tuned!

Love y'all,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting