Monday, July 8, 2013

Decisions

As I'm siting here in the living room while a random rain storm comes rolling through and Jane is taking her nap, I'm trying to make a few decisions. 

I love this blog, I really do. I'm not at all a tech person. I'm always one of the last people to jump on board with new tech "stuff" and I'm OK with that. It took me awhile to learn how to even manage this blog to be honest. Now that Ive got it down somewhat, Ive kind of just chugged along with what I know. 

In the back of my mind for the past few weeks, Ive wanted to branch out a little with the blog AND YouTube. What is keeping me from running with the idea is time. Yes, I'm a stay at home Mom, but I'm still a busy person. I'm pretty much on the go until Jane goes to sleep since I like to clean and keep up with my chores (my job) while Jane is sleeping and play with her while she is awake. This means that if I decide to branch out, than I will be giving myself more responsibilities and I'm not totally on board with that. I like being able to sit on the couch with Mr. Hunt at the end of the night and catch up on our favorite TV shows. I also like my downtime on the weekends and randomly during the weekdays when Ive got everything else done. 

How will I branch out? Well, Ive been watching alot of YouTube lately and I enjoy it. I read alot of blogs and I watch alot of vlogs. I guess I'm just a nosy person and I like to connect with other blogging and vlogging mommies. Its fun to get ideas and advice from them too. With that said, almost every time I watch a vlog, I always think about how fun that would be to try also. 

I love that my blog keeps me connected to our families especially. I know that alot of them read this and its great that they can keep up with us  and especially with Jane. I think if I do a few vlogs also, it will be even more fun to see her in videos and not just pictures. 

Here is where my decisions come in. I don't want to stop blogging at all, but will vlogging interrupt the blog or will I just be repeating myself if I have both. I know some people have both so I know I could do it, but I don't want to make people choose which on to read or watch. 

Also, if I am going to vlog, what will I vlog about? Do I do daily posts? Do I do random vlogs when I know something interesting will happen that day? Do I do a weekly vlog? Do I do tags and tutorials? I have no idea. 

My main concern is that I still need to have my family as the number one priority. I don't want to  feel like I HAVE to do something, but again, I can always just imagine it as my "job" and just get it done whether I stay up late or do it in the middle of the day along with all my other chores. 

What do you think? Should I do some YouTube stuff? Will I be wasting my time trying to learn all the ins and outs and then getting frustrated? Will anyone even watch them? 

Let me know!

Love,
jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting