Tuesday, July 16, 2013

House Tour

Yay! Its FINALLY here! I'm giving y'all a tour of our downtown home. I'm just going to be honest here, this isn't my favorite house ever. Mr. Hunt picked this out when we were thinking of moving downtown. As you could probably imagine, it is VERY expensive to live downtown, so for our budget, this was about as good as it gets. I do LOVE the area though. We can walk to alot of fun stuff and we are in the middle of everything.

After going back and forth for awhile, I finally gave in. This house actually looks ten times better now with all of our furniture in it too, so that's good. 

From seeing old pictures of this house and looking at it now, I know that the owner did some updates like the ceiling fans, and adding the sun room, but there is alot of other things in the house that are "old," like old non working wall unit air conditioners and the WAY outdated kitchen. 

But like the saying goes, "Home is wherever my husband and child (and fur babies) are," (is that how it goes?), I'm still happy in this home. I do find myself day dreaming already about our next home, but this will do for now!

Lets get to it yeah?

Here is what the home looks like when you walk into the front door


and this is what is to the right. This is where we keep all of our shoes



Walking into the family room, this is what we have to the right, our sectional couch. If you were to ask Mr. Hunt, he loves this couch....me....not so much. I love the sectional and the ottoman, but its getting old and worn out. You can see in the picture, its getting saggy.

Also, see the old radio in the wall? It works and plays music throughout the entire house. Each room has a speaker in it.


Here is the living room. Oh, I forgot to mention too, the entire house is painted this gray/white/cement color. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a jail, but I really don't feel like painting nor do I feel like I have time. I'm not sure how long we will be in this house so I don't want to paint and then have wasted my time.

I do really like the wooden beams on the ceiling in this room.
Also, I'm not sure about the fireplace. I like it, I'm not sure if it  works though. The picture in front of the fireplace needs a place to be hung so it sits there right now. Also, the exercise ball isn't always there.


This is Jane's corner. I'm looking for a chest to keep all her toys right now so they wont be all spread out in the open. Also, she doesn't use the swing anymore so that will be moved soon.


Here is our TV stand/entertainment center. Its exactly the same as it was in the old home.



And here is what it looks like on the other wall near the front door.


Here is the front door again.


This is our dinner table. To the right is the kitchen and to the left is the sunroom. Behind me is the family room.


Here is the sunroom looking in from the dinner table. This used to be the porch and it wasn't closed in.


Here is where we keep all the dog stuff. Their treats, extra leaches, toys, etc.


This is obviously where the dogs eat. There is one of the air conditioner units. The drawers have all my craft stuff in it.


Here is the other side of the sunroom. On the bench and in that corner is Mr. Hunt's hunting stuff and guitars. He doesn't like to keep it in the garage because its too hot. Obviously this is where we keep the dog crates too. The window above the crates is Jane's room so she gets alot of sun in her room.


This is the backdoor in the sunroom looking out into the backyard. We love the patio.


This shelving unit in the sunroom is a mess. This is all the stuff that doesn't have a place in the house yet. I'm OK with it right now because I cant see all the mess when I'm in the house, I only see it when I'm in the sunroom. I may or may not get to this area in the future.


Here is the guest room.


There really is only room for the bed and that's it.


This is the hallway to all the rooms. This hallway is SUPER dark. Also, look at that VAMPIRE light on the top right! Yikes! At the end of the hallway is our bedroom. The only door on the right is Jane's room. The guest bedroom is right where I'm standing to take the picture, and the guest bath is the door to the left.


Jane's/guest bathroom.


Here is what our bedroom looks like from the door. There is the other air conditioner unit.


This room is also super small. We couldn't keep our entire room collection, just the bed and the chest of drawers. The two nightstand and the other drawers have to live in the garage for now.


This collage looks a little different already. I printed out some pictures of Jane. That's why the picture to the top left is sideways.


Here is our super cramped closet.


and super cramped bathroom.


The sink is in the room. Very outdated yes....and low compared to our last two houses. Also, this is the first time in two houses that we have to share a sink. Oh boy.


Some pictures on the wall


Chest of drawers and dirty clothes


Here is our dining room. No light in here. This room is immediately to the left when you walk into the house.




Windows looking out to the front yard.


This is our little area that we use when we walk in and out of the house. Our keys, Mr. Hunt's wallet, and my purse are usually here. This is the first house in a while that we actually come in and out of the front door instead of the garage.



This is the hallway from the dining room.


Here is the garage/laundry room. This is the first time we've had the laundry room be in the garage. Its not as bad as I imagined except its super HOT.


Washer


Dryer


Here is the kitchen looking in from the garage door and looking through to the dinner table and sunroom.


I really don't like this kitchen guys, but I made the best of it. Here is the stove and the oven.


Our fridge and puppy...man I think River tired to make an appearance in every photo. He literally follows me around all day every day.


Here is the other side of the kitchen.



This is what the kitchen looks like from the dinner table. Look at the different tile on the wall. Who does that?


Here's Jane's room.  This is what you see when you enter the room to the left.


and what you see when you walk straight into the room.


Here is most of the room in one picture.


There's the door to the left.


Jane LOVES the fish picture.


Here is where I read Jane her books at night.



and the changing table. That's the window looking into the sunroom.


Here is the girls closet. Lots of stuff, good thing its a walk in closet.


And that's it. Sorry that was SO LONG! I tried to get all the corners of each room. Reading back through what I wrote, I realize I sound really negative. I promise I'm happy here, its just not what I would have picked out on my own. I'm thankful for a roof over our heads and it could be alot worse.

Here is a video that might make a little more sense. Enjoy.


Love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting