Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July Vacation

Mr. Hunt and I decided last minute to take a little vacation for the 4th of July. We drove about 20 minutes down the road to the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort for three days....well 2.5 days. 

On Wednesday after Mr. Hunt got off work we headed that way, checked in, and went straight to the pool. We were meeting Mr. Hunt's boss and a co-worker and their families and they were already all there. Both families had been there before and invited us since they knew we lived right there. This resort was so kid friendly, there were no couples there without at least one kid. It was also pet friendly.

We took Jane for a quick swim in the pool and around the lazy river before she was hungry for dinner. I fed her in her stroller so that we could continue the fun afterwards. 





We never made it over to the adult only pool, but the kid pool was pretty awesome. There was a "beach access" with sand going into the water so there were no steps for kids to trip. We sat in the sand everyday because it was so much more fun than the regular pool patio. The pool was really shallow, like 1.5 feet for most of it, perfect height to sit and play. Then it got deeper by the volleyball net, but the best part was the lazy river. It was so relaxing and there were waterfalls everywhere that Jane loved to look at. Jane didn't stop smiling the entire time we were in the water. She loved to splash too. To make the resort even better was the fact that there were no strict rules that tend to ruin all the fun. There were no rules about the lazy river or having floats in the water. You could really tell that the kids were having a great time. Mr. Hunt and I had a great time too, we enjoyed the drink and food service.

See in the picture below the chair sitting in the water? That's how shallow it was, and it was great for laying out. 



Or to have Jane sit on her Daddy's lap and splash




After another dip in the pool after eating, it was time for Mr. Hunt and I to find something to eat. There was a cute little spot where food trucks would come for the day and sell to people to experience Austin. Even though we live in Austin and eat at food trucks all the time, we decided to eat this for dinner. 




Right when we were taking our last bite, Jane started to have a melt down which she never does unless she is very tired or very hungry. I looked to see what time it was and realized it was 9pm! Poor thing goes to bed at 8pm. I told Mr. Hunt and myself that I would try my best to be a little lenient on the schedule in order for us to have a good time so I hadn't checked to see the time in a while. We took Jane up to the room and put her in bed. Just a tiny little meltdown was worth the extra hour of her smiles out by the pool. We did have to miss out on the movie at the outdoor amphitheater (despicable me), but that's OK.

The next morning I looked out the window to see a longhorn on the golf course. This resort was actually the first resort Mr. Hunt or I have ever been to that wasn't on a beach. It was cool to be at a resort that was more "woodsy" They had bike riding, horse back riding, archery, golf, skeet shooting, and much more. 


It was 4th of July!!! We got ready for an entire day at the pool! A little hair pulling and everything.

BBy the time we got ready and to the pool, it was already time for Jane's first nap so I put her to sleep and just people watched and enjoyed the view while she took a little nap. This nap is only about 45 minutes to an hour so I knew I could just sit and relax a bit. I also enjoyed a nice spicy bloody Mary. 


Once she woke up we got ready to get in the pool!






I'm sad I didn't get any pictures of us in the pool, but just imagine us all having a great time. 

Jane had lunch in her stroller again and Mr. Hunt and I ordered a sandwich and fries to split. Remember how laid back I said the resort was? We actually went to the gas station down the road and bought our own beer and brought it in a cooler. Nobody stopped us. 



Look at this cutie! And her abs! Geez



It was time for her second nap. I debated a little about this one since its usually 2.5 hours long. I was pretty sure she wouldn't sleep that long in a non moving stroller especially since she likes to sleep on her belly. I didn't want to pack up all of our stuff either though and I thought it was be the perfect time to get a little sun myself, so I put her to sleep in the stroller. 



Sure enough, she only slept 30 minutes, but she woke up happy. We took another dip in the pool and then headed up to the room to get ready for the evening. All three of us took a little nap, took showers and baths, and got ready. 




We ate some BBQ for dinner and Mr. Hunt's Boss's little twin girls Emerson and Avery LOVED Jane. They helped me feed her dinner and loved "petting" her head.


Jane loved them too



Then we had some smores at the campfire before the fireworks.




I wasn't sure how the whole firework thing was going to work with Jane....for a few reasons. I knew it was going to be way past her bedtime and I wasn't sure how loud they would be either. Jane actually took a small nap while I held her on our walk to our chairs for the fireworks. Mr. Hunt went up to the room to make Jane her bottle and brought it down to our spot. After feeding her she got her usually burst of energy. Plus the twins were loving on Jane and Jane was loving on them.

Once the fireworks started, Jane was mesmerized. I originally covered her ears, but then realized that it wasn't necessary. The fireworks were literally right above our heads with embers coming down around us, but she still loved it and I guess didn't mind the booms.



I let Mr. Hunt hold her for most of the show so that she could lay back on the chair with him. Mr. Hunt wanted to cover her ears too.


So for it begin way past her bedtime and very loud, she was amazing! Even after the fireworks on the way back to the room, Jane was talking up a storm and wide awake.

The twins wanted to hold her again while we all sat around trying to make plans for the next day.

Jane and Avery


Jane and Emerson


I will admit that we may have gone a little too off the schedule this day because it was HARD to get Jane to go to sleep. We were up in the room by 10:30, but she didn't go to sleep until midnight. But every once in a while is fine for a fun day like the 4th of July.

The next morning was our last day. Check out was at noon but we checked out early, packed the car, and headed to our spot on the "beach." Once again it was Jane's nap time so we rested for a bit.


Then it was go time. I decided to let Jane play in the sand this day. Every time I thought about sitting her in the sand the other two days, it just didn't seem like a good time for her to get sandy. But since we had the whole day to rinse off in the pool, we went for it. We also brought out her sunglasses and for the first time she actually didn't try to take them off.




Look at the rolls!






She really loved the sand!





And she also liked relaxing on the chair like a big girl.....





Its a rough life.







We changed Jane into dry clothes and fed her before we left. We decided to leave before her long afternoon nap in order to stay on schedule somewhat.


It was a nice getaway and the resort was wonderful. It makes us so excited for when Jane gets a little older. There were so many fun things we saw to do, but she is just a little too young right now.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting