Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Icy Pool

Since moving from Cedar Park to Downtown Austin, the thing we miss the most is the neighborhood pool. We were happy to find the Barton Springs Pool two weekends ago which is a short 2 minute drive from our house.

Don't let the name fool you, its not a pool with chlorine, its a man made pool with fresh springs. There is a grassy hilly lawn where people bring blankets and towels, and then take a dip in the pool.

We decided to give it a try and we loved that it wasn't too crowded. First things first, feed Jane.



Here is the pool.


You can see the diving board also. Just like a normal pool, there is a shallow and deep end.


We let Jane play on the towel with her Daddy while her food settled. You know you have to wait 30 minutes after you eat to swim. Do people still do that?




Then we lathered her up in sunscreen to get ready to swim..... cant forget the head.


We walked down and tried to get in...but couldn't do it. Now, Ive been in some pretty cold pools, but this one was WAY TOO COLD! I got up to my knees and when I got out, my legs were numb! I even tried to dip Jane in and she started to cry. I kept looking around at everyone else in the pool and wondered how in the world they got in. Then I saw the guy in the wetsuit and wished I had one too.

So we didn't get in, I was a little disappointed, but then we went back up to the towel and rested for a bit. Look at this diva leaning back on her arms.



We then decided to go have a few drinks and some BBQ while Jane napped in the stroller. Despite not being able to take a dip in the pool, we had a great time


Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting