Sunday, April 1, 2012

Beautiful Austin

After leaving Gruene Texas this past Sunday, Mr. Hunt and I headed over to his office to decorate a bit. I thought he needed some pictures and his diploma in his office since this is the first time he has actually had an office and not just a cubicle.


But the fun part was the ride from his office back home. Ive never seen this drive before and it didn't seem like we were in Austin. It looked like a totally different place. Apparently it is illegal to pick the flowers on the side of the road. Im glad, because they are so pretty. Even the ones that are mingled with ugly poles, and signs.


The best ones come on the side of the road. They keep going and going. It probably helps that they are all on hills so that you an really see the beauty.


Mr. Hunt mentioned that people were obsessed with bringing their children or dogs and sitting them in the flowers and taking pictures. I thought maybe he had seen someone do it and thought it was a good idea, but he wasn't exaggerating. We saw at least 9 different families on the way home out in the flowers on the side of the road taking pictures. I guess it is a great place to take pictures, maybe Ill do it one day.


Then Mr. Hunt told me that he had a surprise and to get my camera ready. All of the sudden, he put his blinker on and pulled over off the highway and said lets get out. Look at this view of the rolling hills and the city in the background.


I can't believe this is Mr. Hunt's ride home everyday. He is so lucky.


I would give anything to live in one of those houses!


I just couldn't stop taking pictures. Like I said, this part of town doesn't look like the rest of Austin.



Then we kept diving and came across this awesome bridge. You can also see the limestone that we drove through on the sides of the road. Just gorgeous.


Here is the river that we drove across on the bridge. The homes are all situated on the side of theses hills like they are in tropical islands like the Virgin Islands and St. Lucia. For one quick moment, I felt like I was somewhere tropical.



Then I put the camera down and just took the rest of the sights in on my own. Ill say it again, but I can't believe that this is Mr. Hunt's drive home everyday. He kept telling me how pretty it was, but I couldn't really picture anything too much different than the rest of Austin. Not that the rest of Austin isn't beautiful, but it all doesn't look just like this. Im going to have to visit Mr. Hunt at his office a little more, just so I can make this drive. Maybe Ill bring him some brownies or lunch one day.

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting