Friday, April 20, 2012

Collage wall #2

Now that Ive shared some of the collage, I'm here to share the rest!

Here it is! This is the hallway to the bedrooms.




I wasn't sure going into it if it would look way to cluttered or too chaotic, but I'm really liking it right now. Its different, but still looks cohesive.

OK lets look at each individual piece of art shall we? I didn't share the two pieces of "free" art that I shared yesterday.


Above are a few personal pictures as you can probably already tell. The first one on the top left is a picture of me giving Mr. Hunt and kiss on the cheek. This picture means a lot to us. It was all the way back in 2006 the same night that we shared our first kiss. Awwwwwwww. I spray painted the wooden cross white to fill the spot, and I think its perfect. Then there are two very cute pictures of our fur babies mugs. And lastly, a cool picture of Mr. Hunt and I that my cousin Melissa drew. I'm not really sure how she did it, but we love it since its in our favorite color green.


Then above those is a great picture of Mr. Hunt and I and our bridal party on our wedding day being silly. Sadly, this picture might have to change soon because its very grainy and didn't turn out very well. Also, Haydn is chopped off, even though you can't see his face anyway since he is showin' his bum instead.


Next to that is another picture from my grandfather and his folk art store. I really like this one because it looks like an old farm cottage. If I had a choice, I would live in an old farm cottage house, so in the meantime, I can just look at his picture and pretend.



Above that is another "free" piece of art that I made. Remember this picture of the glue and the gray circles in the last post?


I made a fish scale picture with them. Its very hard to see in the pictures above (you can tell more in person) so I took an up close one too. I just glued them in a pattern that looks like fish scales. I may take out the glass part of the frame soon to allow the scales to poke out a little more, but I still like it.


Then to the left of that is the inspiration picture that I made. This is what I finished with after I failed at the first attempt.


I didn't paint enough white and you couldn't see the letters.


Instead, I just scribbled a bunch of colors and put the stickers with a new verse on top of that and liked it, so I kept it. This is one of my favorite verses of all time. 


Below that and right above the picture of me giving Mr. Hunt and smooch on the cheek, is just a simple saying that we like to live by around here and it certainly holds true for the both of us. I just took regular old computer paper and wrote it in cursive with colored pencils. Very simple.


Then right smack dab in the middle of it all is the map of Hilton Head and Beaufort which are both very special places to Mr. Hunt and I. After I couldn't get it to fit in the first collage wall, I knew immediately I could get it to go here on a much BIGGER wall.


On the other side of the map is one of my favorite pictures of Mr. Hunt and I on our wedding day. Above that is a wooden 3 that I also spray painted white. 3 is the date we were married so it means a lot to us, and may be a slight reminder to Mr. Hunt when our anniversary is. haha. Just kidding! Hopefully he remembers it on its own, he said he will just remember that its always around the weekend of college football opening day....and that's not a joke. Whatever reminds him is what I say.


Next to those is a sunburst mirror that Ive had for a very long time and I just love it.


Above that is another piece of "free" art. I drew a picture of Mr. Hunt and I's first home that we owned together. Even though we still own that house, its very unlikely we will ever live there again, so I wanted to have something to remember it by. We do have tons of pictures, but this seemed a little better to me.


Next to that is just a simple picture of watermelon. I love watermelon. Its yummy and is fat burning. Did you know that?


Below all that is another picture of Mr. Hunt and I on our wedding day. There is also a black and white picture of a flower up close with a teal mat that I made myself. I didn't realize that the one above this was cut off, but you can get the point. Its just some colored paper that I made into a design in a navy blue frame. Not sure how long that will last there.


Above that is a picture that Mr. Hunt and I got drawn in one of the booths that you pay for your picture to be taken. As you can see, this was all the way back in 2006 the day before Mr. Hunt and Haydn left for Korea. This picture brings back a lot of memories.


Lastly is another picture that I got from my grandfather. Its another one that you can interpret how you want. I think its another door, but I like it. That's all that matters. 

And that's it! Do you like it? Does it look to cluttered to you?



Love,
Jen Hunt

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I think it is perfect!!! You are so creative!!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting