Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Break: Day 5 and 6

Yay! Michael and Rachel were in town! I was so sad that Mr. Hunt had to work, but he had a good week, so it all worked out.
On Thursday, the boys (Davis and Michael) slept in until almost noon before we finally woke them up. Again, this was their vacation, and we didn't have much planned, so that was OK. We tried to think of a few things we could do that day, but nothing but shopping filled Rachel and my mind.....so shopping it was! We headed back to the Domain (Rachel and I went there the first time Rachel visited). Its an outdoor mall, kind of like an outlet mall, but NOT outlet prices. Honestly, its a bunch of very expensive stores that I can't afford, but its always fun to window shop, or even pretend that I could afford just anything. We ate at California Pizza Kitchen for lunch, then Davis and Michael shopped at Dicks Sporting Goods while Rachel and I went into a few other stores. When we left, we tried to find a batting cage so that we could entertain the boys a bit, but we didn't have any luck. Instead we just headed home and let them play a bunch of video games.
When Mr. Hunt called to say he was off work and he left his keys in one of his sales reps cars, we hopped in the car and went to rescue him. Everyone got to see Mr. Hunt's office too, so that was cool. We went downtown to eat dinner and after walking around a bit, we agreed on a Mexican restaurant (can't remember the name and don't have any pictures, not sure where my head was on that one. Come to think about it, I don't have ANY pictures from this day...shame on me). After dinner we went to go get Mr. Hunts keys and his car, headed home and went to sleep.  Day 5...over!

Day 6 turned out to be a little different than we thought. Well, maybe just different than I thought. I really was trying my best to have something planned, just ONE thing planned each day, and this day really didn't happen.
Before I go into the day's plans, let me explain how I was woken up. Actually, I was already awake, but just watching TV in my bedroom because I as up pretty early, and didn't want to wake up others that were sleeping in. All of the sudden I heard a BANG BANG BANG BANG! I thought for a second that someone was at the door (since our doorbell is broken), but then I thought maybe someone was finally awake and was banging something in the kitchen, so I ignored it. Plus Davis was in the living room sleeping, so if someone knocked, he would answer it or come get me. About 5 minutes later, my phone rang. The man on the other line said "Hello Mrs. Hunt, this is Bill from Edible Arrangements, I have a fresh bouquet for you, is someone home that can accept this package?" "Uhhh yes, hang on one second, Ill be right there," I said. When I walked out into the living room, the first pace I looked was the blowup mattress where Davis was sleeping, but he wasn't there. I turned the corner, and saw him standing/crouching down next to the front door. "Someone is here" he said, half awake. I answered it and got the bouquet of fresh fruit. It looked so yummy. I brought it in and read the card....from Mom and Dad. We weren't sure which Mom and Dad it was, but whoever it was, I was so thankful. After making a few phone calls, we found out that it was from my Mommy and Daddy. That was so sweet of them.




It was Easter themed with chocolate covered pineapple bunnies.
Mom and Dad, Thanks so much for the fruit bouquet, that was so thoughtful of you and we were happy to have this for breakfast. Love you, Jennifer

By the time everyone was up and ready to go for the day, it was lunch time. We all put our bathing suits on in hopes to make it to the lake for the day. By the time we ate lunch at McAlisters and looked in a few stores for a specific hair dyer for Rachel, it was already around 3pm. We tried to go to a different part of the lake than Davis and I had gone a few days before, but it wasn't anything special. Nowhere to layout or anything. I mentioned going back to the same spot Davis and I were at a few days before, but everyone seemed burnt out already, so we just went home and waited for Mr. Hunt to get home. I felt bad that we didn't do anything special that day, but then again, it was their idea.
Everyone seemed to want to go back to Dave and Busters to play a few games this night, so after eating a very yummy dinner at Saltgrass Steakhouse , we headed back to Dave and Busters.


Mr. Hunt, Michael, and Davis liked all the basketball games.




Then it was time for the Horse Racing game again! Michael and Rachel had never played. They got a pretty bad horse, so it wasn't a good first impression for them. Of course Davis and Mr. Hunt were still mesmerized.



Little Side Note: every time I give Mr. Hunt and camera to take a picture, he takes three or four pictures back to back for some reason. Usually I don't share them all, because they end up all looking the same, but this time I thought the picture above was funny.



They were trying to train their horsey.




We had a great time at Dave and Busters, but the next day (Saturday) was our big day. The only day that we really had planned out of all the days they were here. We were headed to San Antonio for a day of fun, so we had to go to bed somewhat early, if you count midnight early....I don't.

Tomorrow I will share our last day with Davis, Michael, and Rachel. The best day of them all if you ask me.


Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting