Monday, April 23, 2012

Obsessions

As everyone should already know, River has an unhealthy obsession of every type of ball imaginable. His favorite of course being the tennis ball. Especially when its more than one.


But, we have learned lately that he really is obsessed with any type of ball.

When Davis was in town and we went to Dave and Busters, he won a mini football and immediately River was in love. We played with him for a little bit and then we had to put it on the kitchen counter, out of reach, because he would have torn it apart. He tried many of times to jump up on the counter to get it, and he was successful. I decided on Easter Sunday that I would finally let him play with it as much as possible, and to my surprise, Hannah joined in as much as she could.




I really do love when they play together.


The ball went in-between the ottoman and the couch and they were both trying to fit in there to get the football.


These next few pictures, still crack me up every time I look at them. First, I couldn't get Hannah's attention.


Then I finally got her attention, and I was telling them to "STAY"


I finally said "OK" and for once, River didn't lunge right away, but Hannah did. This is her launch off!


And then her mid lunge! haha


Finally River got in too.


This is the moment I was so proud. They were sharing it! And right after the camera clicked, the football popped really loud and scared Hannah.


But they still tried to play with it.


Then a few minutes later, we had this.



You can see why we don't have a bunch of dog toys laying around. Its because they never last around here and its a waste of money. See the Frisbee? Yeah, that lasted two minutes, I kid you not.



All that matters, is the fun they had when the football was still "alive" right? Maybe they learned a lesson? I don't think so.

Then Hannah moved on to other things like one of her four favorite bones ever that her daddy bought her.


And River moved on to other things too. The exercise ball. He really does try to play with this, but sadly we had to teach him this wasn't a ball to play with. If he bites it or pounces on it once, it will pop. Luckily River is a good listener and Hannah isn't interested in this ball.


Happy Ball Days!

Love,
Jen

1 comment:

Rachel Crunk Hunt said...

I see your new Nike's in there!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting