Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Break: Day 3 and 4

On Tuesday (Day3), Davis and I slept in a little before waking up slowly and watching The Ellen Show. I love Ellen DeGeneres and I record her shows...she is just too funny and always can make me laugh out loud which is something I don't do often to the TV. Anyway, we relaxed all day.
We finally headed out to run a few errands and eat lunch. There wasn't too much to do during the day without Mr. Hunt, so we mainly took it easy. When we got back home, Davis helped me hang the curtains and a shelf in the guest room, and took pictures during the process, some of the project, some of the fur babies.

The next few photos are from Davis, please enjoy!




Finally the curtains are up!


I tried to hang this shelf a few weeks before this, but got frustrated with the plastic anchors that didn't want to go into the wall. This left me with these two huge holes in the wall. I thought I should try again while Davis was there, maybe he would keep me sane.



He did, and somehow we got that shelf up. There were two shelves, but after all the luck we got with the first one, we decided not to press our luck and try the second one. Maybe someday soon, Ill be up for it.


Then I finally decided to paint the other canvas to match the grey chevron pattern as the other one so I could finally hang them together. I originally planned to do this a few days after the first one, but we had to pack up and move.



I really enjoy painting. Its soothing to me. I could paint all day long. If only I could be more creative and knew how to draw things. Ill just stick to patterns.



Hannah sat near me while I painted. She was probably just waiting for Davis to put the camera down and go play with her. The fabric next to her is what was on the canvas before I decided to paint it.


You can see the first canvas behind me in this picture.


Almost done.


"Come on Uncle Davis, come outside and play with us!"



I know Ive said this before, but they really do LOVE Davis. Bless their hearts, they can't get enough of him.



Once Mr. Hunt got home, we decided to take Davis to the famous Rudy's for dinner. You know, the one that is attached to the gas station that I posted about before.


He loved it. We got the Brisket this time.




I had to get the picture of the sauce on Mr. Hunt's face.
Once we were finished scarfing down the yummy food, we headed to the movies. We saw 21 Jump Street. It was hilarious! Go see it. Then with a blink of an eye, day 3 was done!

Day 4 started slow again. I figured this was Davis' week off so he probably enjoyed sleeping in somewhat. Plus, being an hour behind here, he was waking up an hour earlier anyway...kinda. Michael and Rachel were going to be here in the evening, so I had some cleaning to do. Davis was staying in the guest room, and so I had to clean that room up and do some laundry of the sheets and towels. Basically, we did some more errands out and about, and then stayed at home while I cleaned. This was the day that I started to feel bad that we were cooped up in the house. I kept asking Davis if he was fine, and he was.
I also wanted to get the house as clean as possible so that I could take pictures of all the rooms and make a video to share on here of the house with furniture. What better time then when you are already cleaning he house right?
It was a success, as soon as Mr. Hunt was getting home, I was getting ready to video tape and take pictures. Ill be back to share all of that...I'm so excited to you to see everything. Then we headed to one of our favorite places to go with my brothers....Dave and Busters. We had one in Charlotte, and would try to go every time they were in town, so we thought it would be great to go when Davis was here. Of course I didn't realize my camera was dead until we were leaving, but I still had to document our time, so these few pictures are from the phone. We ate dinner and played some games....fun times!



The boys (including Dylan when he comes with us) are ADDICTED to this game, the Horse Racing game is what we call it. Its actually pretty fun. You make your own horse and you have to train it, feed it, and encourage it so that it can get better for each race. We usually spend our whole time here, and this day wasn't any different.


Love this boy!
We probably would have stayed hours more if we didn't have to go pick up Michael and Rachel from the airport. It was good we left though because Mr. Hunt had to work the next day and it was getting late.
We picked Rachel and Michael up at the airport and headed straight home so that Mr. Hunt could go to sleep. The rest of us were close behind him since we all had a long day.

There goes day 4!

See ya tomorrow for day 5 and 6
Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting