Wednesday, February 29, 2012

We Made It!

Sorry Ive been MIA, but Mr. Hunt, River, Hannah, and I are finally in Texas! Wow! I have so much to share. The first one being the horrible experience I had (or am having) with AT&T. I hate to start out on a bad note, but this really ties everything together.
When the owner of the house that we are renting gave us a list of the utilities to get switched into our name, the cable company was AT&T UVerse. Mr. Hunt and I have wanted to try UVerse for awhile now, but it was so new that it wasn't available in our neighborhood in Charlotte. We were excited to switch over to UVerse for our Texas home especially because it comes it its own wireless built in.
So on February 17th, I called AT&T to get that set up. I was on the phone for about an hour with the guy and he told me that they would be at our new Texas home on Monday (28th) to set it up!
So Monday rolls around and nobody shows up or calls. Mr. Hunt and I arrived in Texas late Sunday night so I was pretty busy Monday and by the time I realized that I hadn't heard from anyone, it was pretty late.
Long story short, I was on the phone for 3 hours with them. They said that UVerse wasn't available in my area so they cancelled the order! First of all, nobody ever called me to say that it was cancelled. How rude? Second, I know that it is available because the owner of the home had it. So finally after speaking to the 6th person that day, they said everything was fixed but they couldn't come out to set it up until NEXT Friday (March 9th)! Yeah, that's when I lost it. Normally I wouldn't care if it was just the cable, but its cable and Internet. I have realized in the past few days how much I rely on TV and Internet. Its kind of sad.
Really I'm only missing Bachelor, Dance Moms, and The River on TV which I can eventually watch on the Internet, but the Internet is another thing. I have this blog to do, I have bills to pay, I have things to look up about this new city I'm in, etc. And to top it off, Im not even 100% sure that AT&T will show up on March 9th, they may forget again.
So, right now I'm in the Starbucks parking lot filling y'all in and checking our bank account. I'm in the parking lot because the Starbucks is packed with people.

Update:
We arrived in Austin on Sunday night
Monday I unpacked everything we had in the car, I picked up Mr. Hunt's car from the car movers, went grocery shopping, and drove around finding new things
Tuesday the movers came around noon and unpacked the truck
Today I have tons and tons of boxes to start unpacking

I have so much more to share including the fun 20 hour trip down here and the whole packing experience. I also took a video of our new home and have tons of projects already planned.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting