Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Husband

Originally written February 8th (this is SOOOOOO late, but I still wanted to share)

I told you I would be back with the birthday update, I just couldn't share it until now. Like you all know, we've been keeping this small little secret about the Texas move until we are able to tell Kaki and Boss Hunt. Since we were in Austin for Mr. Hunt's birthday, I really couldn't share any details. Now I can!


I'm here to admit that I wasn't a very good wife on Mr. Hunt's first birthday as a married man. I'm still feeling horrible about it.
I had plans to fly out on this birthday morning to meet him in Texas, but I was terrified. As you know, I had never flown on my own before so this was all that was on my mind. Mr. Hunt called the morning of his birthday while I was on my way to the airport and I was so flustered that his birthday just slipped my mind. I couldn't believe it. I remembered only when I was finally sitting on the plane waiting for take off. Horrible, I know! Go ahead, you can say it....."boooooooo....Worst wife ever." I'm not trying to make you feel sorry for me or anything, but this just made it worse. Here I was, terrified about this flight and then realizing that I got the worst wife award for the year. Yeah, not good.
Anyway, so I finally made it to Austin and had a taxi drop me off at his new office. He was so super busy that he couldn't talk so I just sat there. Finally around 1pm we left the office for the day and headed to grab some lunch. I think I may have said "Happy Birthday" about 20 times within an hour trying to make up for it slipping my mind earlier that day.
** I will say that I didn't FORGET the birthday. I knew it was his birthday the night before and even that morning. It was just when he called, I was flustered and forgot.**
After eating, we headed out to look for a house to live. It was fun to imagine our new life somewhere new.
Once we were finished it was already 6pm so we headed out to try to find somewhere to eat for his birthday dinner. He picked a brewery (can't remember the name, I think it was BJs) and I even let him order the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie with Ice Cream. This is a big deal because I don't like Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. You see? I'm doing better now with this whole birthday thing right?
That was it. His birthday slipped away too fast! Here is another shocker, I didn't get him a gift! I had plans too and I thought of a bunch of things, but since finding out we were moving on that Friday before, our life was turned upside down and I didn't have time to pick anything out. Yeah, I'm horrible again, but I'm here to get your faith in me back.
I had a great birthday gift for Mr. Hunt planned out for awhile now. I got two tickets to Mr. Hunt's favorite comedian (thanks to Katie) who was going to be in Raleigh NC and I got a hotel room for the night for after the show. I was going to surprise him and I was so excited. Well, those plans fell through. The show was the same Friday that Mr. Hunt found out about the job, and would be flying back to Charlotte. I didn't know about this trip until after I planned the birthday trip. So it never happened. Boo.
So you see? Mr. Hunt didn't have a great birthday. If you ask him, he will probably say it was good, but I'm feeling horrible. I really am. I need to make it up for him. I am still planning on buying him one of the gifts I had in mind before this craziness happened. Ill just give it to him a little late.
So do I still get the worst wife of the year award? Come on? I have a few excuses right?

Update: I got Mr. Hunt a bunch of cigars for Valentines day which was exactly a week after his birthday. I remembered which cigars he said that he liked and went to get some. I told him it was a joint birthday and Valentine's gift.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to my sweet husband. You are the best thing that has happened to me since my mother gave birth to me. Seriously! You are my best friend and I am so proud to say you are my husband. This 26th year of your life is already starting out crazy, and I have a good feeling its going to be great.

Love,
Your wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting