Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Telling the Family (HUNT SIDE)

Originally written on February 8th, 2012


When I got the text message from Mr. Hunt about moving I was frozen. I didn't know what to do. Remember all those questions that were running through my head? Well one was how will I tell family? I felt alone all of the sudden. I had to tell someone, but since all I knew was we were moving, I didn't want to tell many people without the details.
After sitting there for about an hour I got a text message from Katie (sister in law) saying something like "Yay, big adventure coming up, guess you have to go buy some cowboy boots!" I smiled. I knew what she was talking about....she knew. Mr. Hunt had been talking to her about the possibilities of moving for awhile (since she has moved around a lot), so that's probably why he texted her right away. So I texted with her for a little while and I didn't feel alone anymore.
Mr. Hunt wanted to tell the rest of the family in person. We had plans to go to Michael and Rachel's house for dinner that Saturday so we knew we would tell them then. One problem, Mr. Hunts parents were headed to a cruise! Mr. Hunt knew right away that he didn't want to tell them the day that they were getting on the cruise knowing that it would have to be over the phone and that they wouldn't be able to enjoy the trip because they would be thinking about this the whole time, so we waited. Did I say it was a week long cruise? This is a HUGE secret to keep for a LONG TIME!
So it was Saturday and Mr. Hunt couldn't keep the news inside for much longer. We weren't supposed to go over to Michael and Rachel's house until 5pm, but Mr. Hunt was begging to go over there at noon! I knew this was a big deal for him and he couldn't wait much longer to tell his brother so we ended up getting there around 2pm. Since Mr. Hunt was so eager to get there, I knew it wouldn't be long until he told them, but I soon found myself in their house alone with Rachel. As soon as we walked in, Mr. Hunt and Michael went to the the grocery store. I had no clue what to do? I knew Mr. Hunt would most likely tell Michael while they were out, but I didn't know for sure. I didn't know if I should tell Rachel because what if he didn't tell Michael and then Rachel would say something when they got back? So, I kept my mouth shut.
Once they got back I could tell right away that Mr. Hunt told Michael. Michael was sort of in a daze, like staring off into space. Rachel even said "Michael, whats wrong?" at one point. I got Mr. Hunt alone in the kitchen to confirm that he did tell Michael and tell him that I didn't tell Rachel. So while we were all sitting in the den, Mr. Hunt just blurted out "Rachel, we are moving to Texas!" Rachel said "WHAT?!!?!...wait what?" After settling down and answering all their questions, Rachel helped me look for houses on the Internet.
As of today, Kaki and Boss Hunt still don't know. They are supposed to be back on Sunday so we will be sure to tell them right away. Its been very hard to not be able to tell them. We are also waiting to tell everyone else including close friends until they know.
Ill be back to tell you how we told my side of the family and how we told Mr. Hunts parents once they got back from the cruise.


Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting