Friday, February 10, 2012

Little Side Project

Before I got this new rug in the living room, the canvas wrapped in blue and brown fabric above the couch looked good. It matched.


I decided to do something different with the canvas since it would be very expensive to try to find something totally different that size. After thinking for awhile I decided to try to paint. Ha, yeah you heard that right.
I decided on a chevron pattern with white and gray to match the wall color and also not clash too much with the new rug.
So I took off the fabric and got all my supplies ready. I thought this would only take an hour or so. I was way wrong. The chevron pattern is very hard to tape out. But after two hours, I had this



Then I started the easy part. Painting. All I had to do was make sure that I didn't paint out of the lines or get any gray paint on the white part.


I had to do about 5 coats of paint before I couldn't see any white underneath. Then while the paint was still wet, I tore off the tape. I was hoping for perfect crisp lines, but that wasn't the case. You can't tell from this picture, but some of the paint seeped through. I blame the chevron shape because I had to retape and tape back pieces more than once and the tape probably wasn't on as good as it could have been.


I think I like it though. I like the imperfection of it. You can only tell up close anyway. I planned on painting the second one the same night, but it ended up taking a lot longer than I thought. I haven't hung it up above the couch either, but I still wanted to share it with you.


What do you think?

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting