Thursday, February 16, 2012

Flying by Myself

Originally written February 8th

Growing up, my family never had the need to fly. (on a plane..duh) Before college, the only time I ever flew was when I was very young (like 2 years) and I didn't remember it at all.
Then I met Mr. Hunt. We decided to go to Lollapolooza in Chicago so this meant we had to fly. Oh boy. I wasn't really scared to fly, I was just scared since I had never done it before (that I could remember). It ended up not being bad at all.


Since then I have flown more, a lot more, but never by myself. When Mr. Hunt told me two days before I had to fly that I would be by myself, I freaked. I tried not to let him notice that I was scared since I knew that he already had ALOT on his mind. I just told myself I would suck it up and do it.
So the day was finally here. I packed everything up and Rachel picked me up and drove me there. She dropped me off right in front of the door and I went on in.
First up: Checking in. That was very easy
Second: Go through security. Well, that didn't go so well. My bag go searched since I had eye makeup remover in my bag that was more liquid than 3oz. My thought in packing it to begin with was that the bottle was 5oz, but there was a lot of liquid missing. I guess they don't think of that. So that was annoying.
Third: Go to Bank of America ATM to grab cash for the Taxi once I get there
Forth: Find the Gate. Ive been in the Charlotte airport a few times and I have never had to walk as far as I had to this time. It was a good 7 minute walk. That's a long time
Fifth: Board the plane. As soon as I found the gate, they were boarding. This was good because I didn't have time to sit around and think about the flight.
Sixth: Get in my seat, realize I temporarily forgot about Mr. Hunt's birthday, and feel horrible. Turn off my phone and sit for a 2 and a half hour flight.
Seventh: Get of plane and find the Taxi. The Taxi man gets lost and asks me if I know where to go. Ha, Ive never been here, just get me to my husband.
Eighth: Find the office. Run to find my husband and finally feel better.....and wish him a Happy Birthday

So long sort short, it actually went better than I imagined. We will see what happens on the way home since Ill be flying by myself again.

Love,
Grown Up Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting