Thursday, February 2, 2012

Is it a Man Room or a Rodent Room?

This mouse/rodent/bunny/alien in the garage is very sneaky. But before I go into all that, let me pick up where we left off last time.
Last time we put the two traps out in the dirty garage only to find that he had slid the cheese off the traps without them snapping and getting him. Just to double check we made sure the traps still worked, and they did.
So finally this past weekend we checked "clean the garage" off the to do list. We figured that if we cleaned it really well and made sure there wasn't too many things for him to bury inside or hide, then he wouldn't feel "at home" and not want to come in. We also thought that maybe we would find him while cleaning.
Here I am showing my muscles in the messy garage. I needed those muscles for this task.


Look at this mess. For some reason Mr. Hunt wanted me in all the pictures and every angle of the garage. So by that time, I was done smiling.


Too many boxes to handle. I was for sure there was a mouse in one of those boxes playing house.


So we started the music and got cracking. I can't even describe how much more rodent poo we found. It was absolutely discussing and I refrained from taking any more poo pics. I'm sure you can imagine on your own. I did take a picture of the golf tee that I found in the crack of Mr. Hunt's couch that had little bite marks all over it.


After 4 hours of cleaning we were finally done. I'm not sure if I am happy or sad we didn't find a rodent? I'm glad he didn't pop out or run across my feet, but now we still need to get him.


The large pile of broken down boxes to the right of me in the picture is all trash so it won't stay there. It just had to be there until the garbage man comes. The garage looks pretty good right?


Everything else in the garage is either intended to be there or is Mr. Hunt's Man Room stuff. You would think that's all that was in there before, but no. I won't even get started with a list of the random things that ended up in there, but lets just say that my sewing machine was in there. Yeah, that doesn't belong in the garage.
And Mr. Hunt wants me to make sure to say that he did do 50% of the work. Just because Im in the pictures doesn't mean he didn't clean.
Sorry for my very pale/glowing white skin. I was actually sweating after this garage project. It was close to 70 degrees and sunny in January, but my skin hadn't seen sun since last summer so deal with it, I was hot....and delirious as Mr. Hunt captured in the below picture.


The garage was cleaned, but the rodent problem wasn't fixed. We set out three traps this time. Two with American cheese (small enough that he couldn't pull it off this time), and one with brie cheese (a gooey cheese that he would have to lick off). We thought for sure we would get him this time.
The next morning, we woke up and he got both the American cheese off the traps and they didn't go off..again! The Brie cheese was still there. Mr. Hunt joked that he must have good taste because Mr. Hunt doesn't like Brie cheese. I said that's OK, more for me. Well, he was wrong. We got home from work and that little stinker licked the Brie cheese off the trap. It was clean! Nothing left! hmmmmm.....now what?
We decided that we would have to try peanut butter this time. We heard from a few people that peanut butter works (which is why I thought the Brie would since they are the same consistency), but time got the best of us and we forgot to put anything on them.
The next day Mr. Hunt went home for lunch and said that he was going to put the peanut butter on the traps while he was there. That's when I got "the phone call." We caught him! He must have got a little too confident in getting things off the trap without setting it off and assumed that we had put more on there after he finished his previous meal.
Who would have thought we would catch that little stinker with an empty trap! I will say that Mr. Hunt nor I are made out for killing any breathing thing. We both felt horrible. I will refrain from putting the picture of the little tiny dead mouse on here. Yes, you heard that right, it turned out to be a little brown mouse. I had mixed emotions about this too. I wanted it to be a small little cute mouse so that I didn't have to picture an ugly huge rat running around my garage, but when it came to catching (and killing it), I'm sure I would have felt better it it was an ugly big rat, rather than a cute tiny mouse.
Anyway, enough about that. I wheeled him out to the street in the trash can today for the garbage man to take him away, it was kind of like a small funeral, but I didn't say anything, that would have been weird. Now we are jut hoping that it was just one mouse. Who knows? He could have had his family all up in there making themselves at home. We will be on the look for more poo and will probably set the traps out for a little longer just in case.
Long story short, we will be clean garage people from now on out.



XOXO,
rodent hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting