Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sickly

7 out of the 14 people in my office were sick last week. I get sick very easily for some reason, so I knew as soon as they were all getting sick I had it coming. I even tried to stay away from everyone and use hand sanitizer. Didn't work.
Last Friday afternoon I just felt out of it. I was not focused at all. I knew something was up. Sure enough, Saturday night my throat was killing me. For some reason, anytime I get sick, my throat hurts first. No matter what kind of sickness I am getting.
My throat continued to hurt all of Sunday but no other symptoms yet. Sunday night was when they started. I didn't sleep that whole night. I was tossing and turning and couldn't breathe. I woke up and tried to take a shower to clear up before work, but it didn't help. I was a mess at work. Monday is my busiest day at work because I have to do sales reports from the week before. My boss told me to get them done and leave so that I didn't get everyone else sick. Too many people were already sick as it was. I left work around 2 and was still miserable. I couldn't even take a nap because I could breathe anytime I sat down or laid down.
Mr. Hunt came home and made me dinner. He brought me decongestant which ended up working very well. When I went to bed on Monday night I thought for sure I wasn't going to be able to make it to work Tuesday.
It was a miracle! I slept like a baby on Monday night (not sure how). Mr. Hunt even woke me up to say "your breathing out of your nose!" I woke up Tuesday morning with no sore throat! I was still very clogged up and I sounded horrible, but I felt ten times better! Also, every time I get a cold, it comes with a cold sore! I have one of those too now!
Now today, I feel ten times better than yesterday, but now I have the cough. At least I'm getting the mucus out!! Usually this process for me takes weeks. The cough is always the last thing to come. I'm glad its only been three days.
I expect the cough to be here for awhile. BUMMER!

Other than the cold coming, my brothers were here this weekend again. Since last time we tried to go to Carowinds and we got rained out, they decided to come and try again. We made it to Carowinds and we had a blast! The rest of the time we spent at home watching football and playing card games. I hope they had as much fun as I did! I love them.

P.S. My brothers are so pumped to have Mr. Hunt as their brother soon. They cant stop talking about it. They don't even call him their brother in law....just "my brother!" The whole weekend they were talking about how they were brothers now! Michael and Rachel came over for a little bit on Saturday night and when they left they both were asking if that was their brother and sister too! I said yes, but there isn't really a title for that. I'm so glad that they are just as excited as I am about the wedding and me being married. They will tell anyone the engagement story over and over if you ask them. I will say it again....They are the best brothers in the world! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting