Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Homemade Ice Cream and Head Injury

So Mr. Hunt is doing fine. He got three stitches in his head, and he brought home a whole bunch of cleaning materials. Since he cant see the stitches on his head, I get to be the nurse. It's kind of fun because the stuff he brought back from the hospital is real nurse tools like long q-tips and cool bandages. (I know that is silly of me, but this kind of stuff is fun to me).

The doctor made Mr. Hunt take a test to make sure that he didn't have a concussion. He said it was like a sobriety test. He failed! Mr. Hunt reassured the doctor that he was just uncoordinated and that he was fine. I guess he didn't fail that bad because they would have kept him there. The doctor said if he started acting "funny" to go back immediately. Well I'm not going to be able to tell if he is acting funny, because he is always funny. He asked me last night if he was acting funny, and I said yes. He is supposed to go for a checkup today and to get them out next week sometime.


Mr. Hunt likes to use the stitches to get his way. Every time I ask him if his head hurts he says "No" and everything is fine. Then when he wants something, he says that it hurts. For example: (Katie, you will appreciate this). Last night he wanted to watch "Always Sunny in Philadelphia." He has been recording them all. I wanted him to go on a walk with me and the dogs before he turned it on. He made a pouty face and said "My arm and my head hurts, I'm going to stay home and watch my show." I had to let him stay home. By the way, he had to get a tetanus shot also, that is why his arm hurts. Ill give him credit for that one because I had to get one too, and my arm was sore for a few days after.

Of course I feel bad for him for having to get stitches, and I have been really worried (you know me), but when he says it doesn't hurt all day long and every time I ask him, and then when he wants something, all of the sudden it starts to hurt a little, I think there is something going on here.

To prove that I felt bad (which I really did), I made Mr. Hunt some homemade chocolate ice cream. Even though we are technically trying to be on a diet, I thought that would be a nice gesture. He even wanted to help and ended up doing most of the work, but it was fun. We got the machine from Katie about a year ago. We tried it once when we first got it and it didn't turn into ice cream, it was still liquid. We thought maybe it was because we used regular salt instead of rock salt. Sure enough, we used rock salt this time and it turned out perfect. I'm excited now because there are endless possibilities on what kind of ice cream I can make now.

Next time I will make something fruity, Mr. Hunt likes fruity more than chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting